"Hear anything from Justin and Laura by the way?" Jeongguk asks and begins to make his way into the kitchen for his usual cup of coffee. Grace hums into the phone while he prepares the brew.

"Justin said they can't make it. Laura went into labor since last night, and the last time we called, she was still pushing a kid out of her vagina," Grace says, her words as blunt as ever. "I will never ever give birth," She adds, talking to Nayoo rather than Jeongguk.

"That's a bummer. I'll give him a call later today," Jeongguk chuckles to himself, pulling his mug out of the coffee machine and letting the heat tickle his chin. "Damn, I can't believe Justin's already having his second kid."

"I know right! Feels like yesterday I was punching the kid," Grace lets out a laugh. "Now he actually has a kid. Or, well, two. Little Nate is such a cutie, Gguk. Justin sent some pictures over the mail."

"Really? It's already been that long?" Jeongguk says, bringing the edge of his mug to his lips. He swears it was just 1989 yesteday, not 1999. It's crazy how time goes by without knowing. They're adults now yet he still can't fathom the fact that he's twenty-six.

"Sadly. Oh and I gotta go— call me again before you board. See you in a couple hours lover boy," Grace says into the receiver. Jeongguk and her exchange 'goodbyes' and 'see you soons' before ending the call.

He sets his phone on the kitchen island and leans against the counter, sipping his coffee quietly. He can hear the shower stop across his bedroom, and when the door swings open, Jeongguk's heart swells in his chest. He pretends to not see the person that exits the bathroom, focusing his attention on the newspaper in front of him.

"You look beautiful as ever," Jeongguk doesn't have to know who it is when the person's strong arms wrap around his bare waist and pulls him close.

"Morning," Jeongguk giggles, feeling warm, gentle kisses against his neck. He turns around, his naked chest pressing against the older's cool, slightly damp chest. He tilts his chin up, meeting his lover's gaze.

"Are you ready to see your friends?" He asks, leaning his forehead against Jeongguk's. Jeongguk nods, resting his hands on his broad shoulders, his thumb delicately running over the crease of his collarbone.

"It's been a long time since I've seen them but don't you think 'ready' is an understatement?" Jeongguk says, chuckling a little to himself. His boyfriend rolls his eyes before planting a kiss to his forehead. He can feel the outline of his smile against his skin.

"Everything's an understatement unless it's you, my love," His boyfriend laughs, booping his nose. He leans down, placing a sweet kiss to Jeongguk's lips. It's short and chaste, and once they pull away, he connects their lips again, pressing against his firmly.

"Sorry I can't come with you," He says, mumbling against his lips. Jeongguk pulls away, lazily draping his arms around his neck.

"I told you it's okay, love. Now go get dressed," Jeongguk lightly punches his chest to push him off. "You got work soon," He reminds him. His lover rolls his eyes and smacks his ass, missing the way Jeongguk's ears turn bright red and the smile that crinkles his eyes.

It's crazy how many things have changed in a such a long span of time.

▂▂▂▂▂