•••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

"Good night, or I suppose I should say, good morning, all members of the Red Crescent pack." Alpha Wilson loudly spoke to all of the pack members in the arena. They dared not make a sound. "As you all know, Delta John has challenged current Gamma Ares for the Gamma position, as is within his right. When he challenged her, it was on the condition that it will be in wolf form. When he tried to rescind his challenge, Gamma Ares declined, as is within her right. However, since he tried to back out of the challenge that he initiated, Pack Law states that Gamma Ares now chooses the condition in which they battle. She has chosen that they fight in human form, and being allowed to use their Gifts."

The pack collectively gasped. They knew that John didn't stand a chance against my Gift. I set those as the terms fully for the shock value. I wasn't a monster. I would give him a weapon, a courteously I afford all people I plan on killing.

"Gamma Ares has generously offered Delta John a weapon of his choosing, in the spirit of good sportsmanship, and because according to her, 'John's Gift is lame'." John was 10 feet away from me, and turned red at the Alpha's words. I shrugged. It is a lame Gift.

"Delta John has chosen his weapon to be a sword. Gamma Ares has chosen the same. Gamma Ares, if you could now please summon the weapons and give John his."

I flicked both of my wrists and out came two long, black iron swords. I threw one up in the air towards John, which he caught by the handle.

"At the count of 3, you will begin dueling. I will remind you both that it is a duel to the death. Submitting will not stop the duel, no matter what. With that said, let's begin. 3... 2... 1!"

When Alpha Wilson said 3, John immediately leapt forward, swinging the sword at my head. I have to admit, I was shocked by how quick he was. I was certain I would have to make the first move. However, I wasn't shocked enough to not be able to avoid the blow, and I rolled underneath the sword and at his legs, knocking him to the ground.

The sword tumbled out of his hands, and I easily could have decapitated him right then and there. But what fun would that be? Plus, my students were expecting a show, and I wanted them to learn what not to do during a duel.

I stepped backwards and allowed him to get up and fetch his sword. He got into fighting position again, with his sword shaking slightly in his hands. He knew I was playing with him.

He didn't launch himself at me again, clearly baiting me to make the first move. So be it.

I faked as though I was swinging at his neck, like he did to me, and he brought his sword up to his neck to deflect mine. At the last second, I lowered my sword and slashed his thigh, deep enough to immediately soak his pants with blood. Shockingly, the coward didn't drop to his knees in pain as I anticipated. Rather, he used my blow as a distraction to swing his sword down on my hand wielding my weapon. I was a millisecond too slow, and he ended up nicking the top of my  knuckles with his sword.

However, I wasn't going to let him use injuring me as a distraction. I immediately brought my sword up, then down on his wrist, effectively slicing his hand clean off.

Some pack members gasped, and I could vaguely hear some throwing up. This event truly is not kid-friendly.

I wasn't done fucking with him yet. He had disrespected me time and time again, and he's lucky I'm only able to kill him once.

John screamed at the loss of his hand, and fell to the ground, withering in pain.

Get up, coward. I snarled at him through our mindlink.

At my words, he growled, and picked himself up off of the ground, and grabbed his sword with his only hand. Blood poured out of his other arm, and the ground was completely wet with his blood.

Too slow, he threw the sword at me in an attempt to impale me. I easily sidestepped it, and the sword flew into the crowd. I'm assuming it didn't hit anyone since the crowd was silent, waiting for what I was going to do next.

Since he lost his sword and a hand, I didn't see the point in keeping my sword either, so I threw it to the side.

Quite the warrior, he sank once again into fighting position. I will say, I am mildly impressed that he's still standing after having a limb severed. Perhaps I will make his death quick.

"Come and get me, you stupid, unqualified whore." He growled at me, his whole eyeballs a brilliant yellow, signaling that his wolf was fighting for control.

Okay, perhaps I won't make his death quick.

I backed up to the edge of the arena, and he looked at me in confusion. I needed a running start for what I was about to do.

I charged at him, sprinting faster than I ever have. I pushed off the ground when I was two feet away from him, and grabbed the wrist that he had out in front of him, ready to clobber me with.

As I jumped over him, his wrist still in my hands, I yanked his wrist, hard. Everyone in the arena could hear his shoulder pop out. I released his wrist, and went back to being faced in front of him.

His face was contorted in pain. The arm that I severed the hand with was still gushing blood, and the arm that I just ripped out of its socket was hanging loosely by his side, unable to move. Thinking of all the times he has disrespected me, my wolf took over my mind, and it was seen by everyone, my eyes glowing a brilliant silver.

I have never seen anyone more scared than John. "Please, please don't kill me," he moaned, withering in pain as he collapsed to his knees, showing me his neck in submission.

Your death is the only submission I will accept, I snarled, speaking into the entire pack link, so everyone in the arena will hear me.

My wolf was in control as I launched myself at him. I punched him in the face so hard I heard at least 20 bones break. I continued punching his face until I heard every single one break, and his face was just a bag of bones and blood.

My wolf, still hearing his chest rise and fall quickly, was sick of toying with him, and wanted to end him immediately.

I got up off of his chest after I finished pummeling him into a skin pulp, and stood next to his body, admiring the damage I had done.

I brought my foot up, then smashed it down on his chest, breaking ever single one of his ribs, and flattening his heart.

Everyone in the pack could feel John's link being severed as he died.

Alpha Wilson bellowed, "The Gamma of the Red Crescent Pack is still the undefeated, Ares Alstott".