39

NANA
39: confronting her.

it has been four days of jieun being a member of DNYL, and i am not a big fan of it. i feel like she's hiding something, she clearly approach and flirt with jeno even though jeno desire to push her away. jeno really didn't want to spend time with her, but nothing could stop her. even harvey came up to me, telling me that now he really could see that it wasn't a good idea. he wanted to have the old DNYL where she wasn't around, but at the same time he can't just grab jieun's batch and tell her she's out of the club. plus harvey wanted to help her too.

so today i decided to confront her, what she's doing now is clear enough to see.

jeno told me she practice playing piano every wensday after school, so i decided to visit the music room without jeno knowing.

i peeked inside the room, saw her playing the piano so smooth and amazing. i didn't really expect this girl would be the same who tried to split me and jeno away, and the one who acted like an annoying brat. i licked my lips and knocked on the door, the melody of the piano stopped as soon as i opened the door.

i peeked my head in and saw jieun, she looked up and smiled. "oh... hey.. what are you doing?" she asked and properly sat straight once i closed the door behind me. "i just wanna talk with you about something." i said and commenced to approach her.

"what is it? can you do it quick, renjun promised to take me to the bubble tea shop after i'm done practicing." she asked and seemed like she wasn't interested at where this was going.

i sighed and looked at her. "it's about you joining the DNYL club." i spoke and finally she was attentive. she looked up at me and innocently creased her perfect shaped eyebrows. "why? do you have a problem with it?" she gritted her teeth and raised an eyebrow.

"yes i do." i firmly spoke. "i can clearly see what you're up to jieun. it's obvious and i don't like it, i know you're enjoying it but jeno isn't. he really isn't and i want you to stop it." i said and tried to be less infuriated since seeing her act like she was innocent pissed me off.

"i don't know what your talking about nana." she crossed her arms and scowled. this rat needs to stop acting like she's on a kdrama or a wattpad book (yikes). i fisted my hands and felt my blood boiling.

"stop it already! i know you joined this club because you wanna be with jeno, you want him back and you wanna make him fall in love with you. but can't you see? he doesn't want that! he's starting to get annoyed and infuriated at you, instead of making up with him you're annoying him! stop bringing back the past when both of you were together, it makes him mad. stop doing things to jeno you enjoy because he clearly doesn't enjoy it!" my voice shouted loudly and i honestly haven't heard myself like this before.

the shouting was a violence in the air, a way to take the anger from me and transfer the tension in jieun. i didn't just raise my voice, my muscles tensed and i got right in close for maximum impact. but not so long jieun was now as infuriated as i was.

"shut up nana! you're only doing this because you like jeno! because you and enjoy have something! you're too afraid to let yourself see jeno slowly start to like me again, while you fade away from his mind." jieun spat back which made me crease my eyebrows, not only jieun was acting now i was acting as well. "i don't have anything with jeno!" i gritted my teeth and stared dreadfully at her.

"you can't stop me nana, you can't tell harvey or mark about this. yes i admit that everything you just shouted was right, i had a plan to do, to take back jeno-" i interjected her and shook my head. "why do you even want jeno back when you basically just cheated on him? you used him for fame, to have the spotlight since jeno was that attractive and popular boy in school. why?!" i asked and i really wanted to squeeze her head but of course i couldn't do that, a human couldn't do that.

"i just really love him." jieun sighed, frowning while looking down. "no you don't.. if you did jeno wouldn't join the DNYL club." i hissed and rolled my eyes upward, what a great way to show how much she loved jeno.

"whatever." she scoffed and glared at me. "you can't stop me, you can't tell anyone or else i'll expose that special romantic evening you and jeno had." she threatened and it worked, my heart stopped beating as i rapidly blinked whilst my throat began to feel very dry. "w-what?"

"yes nana, i did see it. i was there when that magical evening happened for the both of you. you guys were so happy. i know you both desire to stay in DNYL but not if i tell what happened that night! i can't bear to see jeno with such a pathetic girl, you don't deserve him and i'm just trying to save him from you. you don't deserve him but i do, i hope you'll see it soon. so don't ever try to make me leave DNYL or prevent me from being with jeno! you leave jeno away!" every word she spat made my heart beat, so fast and so hard that i was nearly breathless. my eyes began to be teary and i had so many thoughts inside my head.

is she gonna continue trying to get jeno back? if i prevent her from doing it, would she expose me and jeno's evening? i can't let her do that, jeno would dislike it very much.

"can't you see? jeno doesn't want you back..... i know it hurts but you have to let go." i said and took a step closer to her, her eyes also had a layer of tears. "shut up! he does want me back! i don't approve jeno falling in love with a sick, ugly, pathetic rat!"

at that moment my blood started to boil, i had enough of this girl. i wanted to fight but how could i? i don't really wanna hurt someone. "you fucking bitch-" i got cut off.

the slap was as loud as a clap and stung my face. it had been an open-handed smack and it had left a red welt behind. just below my eye was a small cut where the ring had caught me. i staggered backwards, clutching my face, eyes watering. "just stay away from jeno!" she hissed, she turned around and commenced to pack her bag while i stood helpless.

"what are you doing jieun?!"

jieun immediately turned around and her eyes met someone else's. not mine, but the boy behind him. at least now someone else witnessed the situation.

"what the hell is going on here?!"

note: that's so sad i'm so sad i really wanna fly to South Korea.