5

NANA
5: all about my unrequited love.

"so i just told mark, that your friend mirae is the same class as her. he would take care of her. she already confirmed that she's joining right?" harvey asked, taking his eyes away from the paint board in front of him.

"mhm, i told her about it and she said heck yeah she wants to forget about her ex and have fun." i responded, not looking away from my painting. "good." harvey smiled, he continued to paint and looked over at renjun. "that's a moomin painting i see." renjun grinned. "yeah!"

their voices faded away as soon as the boy beside me spoke. "you're painting the sunrise, it's very pretty." jeno leaned close to me. i laughed.

"it's a sunset."

jeno blushed and looked back at his own painting, it was a black cat. "oh, haha... sorry." he apologized, i looked and raised an eyebrow. "it's totally fine, don't apologize."

jeno pursed his lips, nodding. "so.... you joined DNYL because of what?" he changed the topic, asking curiously and continued to paint as i did the same. "it's okay if you don't wanna talk about it." jeno made sure that he wasn't forcing me.

"oh... uh." i smiled weakly at myself. "unrequited love." i simply responded as if i wasn't hurt, i was, i really was. "dealing with a broken heart as well."

"oh..." jeno gulped.

"it's hard to accept the fact that he doesn't like me, it really is. i think about someone, do everything for them, love them with my heart and they really wouldn't give a damn about me... i try to erase him but i can't stop falling for him. even though i know he's a player, i know he's a bad guy i still had the hope inside me that he would treat me the way he did before..." my words blurted out, i didn't even mean to tell him about it deep and explicit.

jeno stopped what he was doing, exhaling and faced me. "huh? excuse me? he played with your feelings?" he queried and furrowed his eyebrows. i smiled and it was a sign of yes. "the truth about it nana is, if he's playing with your feelings, everything is fake and you'll end up being crushed. you enjoy the things he does to you but their fake."

jeno's words didn't made me happy. "wow that just made me 100 plus better." i sarcastically said while scoffing, fake laughing.

"i'm sorry." jeno apologized and felt bad. "i really am," he placed a palm on my shoulder. "really hope you'll get over him since you're in DNYL now. i can always help you know." he shyly spoke the last sentence.

i smiled at him, blushing. "thank you."

harvey's head popped up, eyes squinting. "ey are you guys talking about love? about the past? no, remember the rules~" harvey said, extending the word rules as me and jeno nervously nodded.

"sorry!" we both apologized.

...

it was lunch, me and the others sat in the canteen and students were fascinated about us, about DNYL. it was new for them, it's also new for us. i sat beside mirae and jeno.

"welcome to DNYL." harvey said. mirae smiled and thanked him. "wow, i never thought someone would actually make a club with something about forgetting the one you love and just have fun. it's amazing." mirae said, smiling both and at mark and harvey.

"thank you." mark said.

"anyway, are we going to do something together later?" chenle queried while taking a bit of the apple jisung had on his hand. "nope, but there's a party tomorrow at night." harvey said which made all of us smile frantically. "at my house, my parents are out for a vacation back in england. i'll write my address later in the group chat." harvey said, forking his salad and stuffing it inside his mouth.

"wow, okay i'll for sure come!" renjun said. "me too!" haechan raised his hand. "i think everyone is coming?" jaemin raised an eyebrow, we all nodded which signaled that everyone is coming.

"well what do you guys have after lunch?" mirae asked, i noticed her eyes never left harvey's, yes it's amazingly blue and bright.

"i have psychics with mark." haechan said, they both smiled at each other. "i have math." renjun scoffed as jaemin raised a hand. "same!"

"me and jisung have p.e." chenle said.

"i have english." jeno responded briskly as we nodded. "i have history." i said. "i think i have the chinese class." mirae rubbed her chin.

"really? me too." harvey said and mirae smiled widely. "okay, that's great." mirae exclaimed happily.

i rolled my eyes. i always hate going to a class where i'm alone and i know no one, except dean is there, it's terrible. i hope i would look less at him.

"i need to go," i stood up, smiling and grabbing my bag. "my history teacher is always early and i don't wanna be late." i explained, they nodded as i put my bag on and waved at them.

"bye!" they all said to me.

note: is this boring? hope it's not!