Chapter 7

Kenai changes into a dark blue and green flannel shirt and jeans for "hanging out" with Anvy's squad. Honestly, he would have much rather done something alone with her, but she agreed. Kenai would rather hang out with her and all of them then not be with her tonight.

Anvy and he decided on meeting in the foyer at seven where she will then take Kenai to her friend's place. For some reason, he doesn't get the feeling Anvy is close to her squad like he's close to his troop. Especially when it comes to the guy who invited them to the party, Vane. He seems like bad news. But, they have to go. They agreed to go while waiting on that list to generate, plus Caul and Raven have not yet returned from their mission to let them know more about the dead adhene. So, they'll wait. Hopefully one of those things will come through and they can leave early.

He heads downstairs ten to and finds Anvy already in the foyer, talking to Elwood. His blood heats at the sight of Anvy and his friend laughing. To some, it would look harmless, but Kenai knows the dhampire better. He's a total flirt and just because he knows Anvy and him have slept together, that doesn't mean she's off limits. And that bothers him more than it should. It's not like Anvy and Kenai are a couple or even a thing. They're two partners that slept together. But she has shown interest in him and seems to like him more than just a lay. And gods know he likes her.

Kenai prepares to stalk over there and tell him to beat it, but when he sees what Anvy's wearing...it stops him in his tracks. She has on black, skinny as hell jeans that hug her curves in the best way, leaving no imagination when it comes to her ass, and a see through, white low cut shirt that shows off her breasts. It makes his mouth dry and his anger immediately melts away to lust.

Anvy's eyes are closed as she laughs, but when they open, she sees Kenai immediately. She smiles wide. "Hey, Kenai! Ready to go?" She walks over and joins him a few feet back behind Elwood.

His shield brother faces them with a dumbfounded look. "Wait, you were serious about hanging out with this guy?"

"Yeah," Anvy turns to Kenai and touches his arm warmly with a sexy smile, "we have a date tonight, right Kenai?"

He wouldn't have called it exactly a date, but he jumps at the chance. He'd give anything to go on a date with her. "Yeah."

Elwood flashes her one more smile. "You sure there's no chance I can talk you into some dinner with me? Or anything with me?"

She shakes her head. "No thanks, honey."

"See you later, Elwood." Kenai warns in an irritated tone. His friend catches it and frowns. With a nod, he walks off towards the kitchen.

When they're alone, Anvy laughs. "God, he doesn't quit, does he?"

Kenai scoffs. "Unfortunately, no."

She picks up on his annoyance and grins. "Jealous?"

At first he wants to deny it, but his instinct tells him different. With a blush, Kenai replies "Very. I'm jealous of any guy who gets a few minutes alone with you."

The smile she gives him takes his breath away. "What a sweet thing to say..." Then she meets his gaze. "Besides, he isn't my type."

He cocks his head at her in interest. "Really? What is your type, then?"

She shrugs teasingly. "Usually bad boys, but lately I've found myself attracted to the intelligent, quiet type."

He smiles. "Very quiet, apparently."

She giggles with her hand pressed against her mouth. "Do you have a type?"

"No, not particularly. I've dated all different types of girls; quiet, shy types, smart, confident ones, and even flirty and..." He trails off, not wanting to sound mean or rude.