Anyways, I could see Caelum waiting for my response, “No, Chelsea has no reason to attend,” my reply monotone.

“She is an Alpha, is she not?”

“More than five people are considered a pack, not counting said Alpha. Chelsea only has Jack, Casey, Jamie and Mikael.”

“Is that so?” Tallon joined the conversation.

“Yes,” I answered ignoring the growing tension.

“We have yet to receive an invitation to her home.”

“She doesn’t like to be around many people,” I replied.

“Your great grandparents were invited into your home, she attends school and went to meet them out,” Tallon said.

“Exactly. My Nonno and Nona, she does this despite her feelings, because I am her mate.”

“She might not know, but surely you remember that we are your Elders,” a clear threat from Caelum.

“Do you summon invitations from all wolves, and where were you guys when she was being abused Elders?” I turned back on them. “Do you seek invitation into the homes of every Alpha?”

Pursing his lips, Caelum sat back, “Others would be quick to offer us such an invitation, see it as an honor.”

I snorted, “Chelsea isn’t everyone.”

“Yes, my son,” Caelum said condescendingly, “you are right which is why she should deliver and treat us with kindness. Shall anything happen-” I cut him off with a growl but he continued, not batting a single eye.

“Shall anything happen we would only be too happy to offer her our service, protection.”

“Why would she need any more protection, than any other female wolf Elders?” I poked the hornets’ nest.

“In truth son,” I growled at his repeated term of endearment, “a White Wolf, is a gift from the Moon Goddess to us child. She is meant for us, to help us lead and keep order. Her blood should be gathered each day to help our injured and endangered species. With us she will be appropriately shared and protected,” Caelum answered. Do not get angry Gabriel, remain calm! Max coached even sidestepping his own anger at their absurdness.

“Gentlemen, she is a young girl and my mate, not a goat or timeshare. She nor I need or request your protection. If this is truly about her being a white wolf, that is often mentioned in Lore, correct me if I’m wrong but said White Wolf, is more powerful than any Elders, am I wrong gentlemen?” I bated them, watching as Caelum, sat back, his eyes never leaving mine, but the left side of his lips twitched, curled up, his hand clenched. I never leave his eyes but at the bottom left of my line of sight; I see Tallon, lift his hand and place it upon Caelums’. I got to them.

“As Elders, we can read the mind of every wolf Gabriel, however we cannot read the mind of your mate, yourself or any of the men you have brought with you today-”

I smirked, “see already she has more power than you.”

“You will remember to whom you are speaking child,” Caelum snapped, while Max chortled in my mind.

“As will you… you will take as much interest in my mate that you would any other wolf gentlemen,” I said rising, and finding another seat.

Sweetheart…  I said waiting for her to answer if she wasn’t busy… or blocking me. I stewed with that little piece of information; she could block me when I needed to reach her. Wolves wouldn’t ignore me…Max thought happily, imply that Chelsea would ignore me. See you can learn.

Hi… miss me already? She asked joking but even 35,000ft. in the air, she could read me. What's wrong? She questioned quickly. At the moment I wished I had her with me, but I didn’t. So I played what Caelum and Tallon said, but Chelsea didn’t respond right away.

Those stories are looking more and more like the truth and reality and less and less like just Lore, her thoughts fairly sadden.

Chelsea if that’s the case and you want after I return – if you want – we can just leave, Love. Take our small pack and disappear, I offered.

I knew she was thinking it over when she didn’t reply, but this wasn’t an offer like I made the first night, to placate her or calm her down. I knew the truth now, I understood her wariness and I was on board with going somewhere she would be safer. What she didn’t know was that place was near her uncle Wolf, where I currently had Remington and her daughter living. I was already planning on how to get us moved quickly, worrying about school.

I’ve lived in oppression Gabriel… I would wish that for no one… we just got settle here…she said eventually. Let me know when you land… I’m going swimming with Ava… be safe… please…she begged.

Our mate is good, Max thought, she is the one we’re all worrying about and she is telling me to be safe…

Please, she asked again.

I will be sweetheart, I l-love you.

Me too… and Ava… she closed the link, as I closed my eyes, hating even coming on this damn trip much less coming on the plane with everyone, but at least I knew that Chelsea was home safe.

“Look at that goofy ass smile,” my cousin Victor teased, my eyes popping open, staring him down.

__________________________________________________

So vote (if you liked it)... Share with others && Comment (if you have something to say)

© 2014 new_season All Rights Reserved