Bonus Chapter: Eve Farrell

1936

"You're such a punk, you know that??" Bucky laughs and puts his arm around Steve, ruffling his blond hair with his other hand. "You better stop getting into fights you're not big enough for. I told you that this guy was a fat-head."

"Alright, stop it." Steve chuckles and pushes Bucky away, trying to fix his hair. "I'm no chicken, you should know that. Now come on, we're being too late for art class."

"Who even cares about art class?? Mr. Donovan is an ass, he ruins art for me. Why are we stuck with him?" He blows a strand out of his face, but Steve just laughs lowly and shakes his head. The two Brooklyn boys continue to walk.

"Just because you're an insufferable jerk."

Bucky lifts a brow in the air. "Say that again, punk?"

"I think you heard me just right." He replies provokingly and they almost start to fight again until the school bell alarms them to return to class.

With barely any motivation, Bucky drags himself to the art room. It's crystal clear that he's not in the mood for this boring class, which is a bummer, to be honest. He's a big art fan, but with a teacher like that, he just drops his love for it. Walking into the room, Bucky and Steve take a seat and the brunet already receives the girls' attentions once again— not really surprising for a handsome fella like him.

"Look at your fans." Steve nudges him and Bucky chuckles.

"Yeah, yeah, it's almost exhausting to get that much attention." He yawns and earns a playful punch from the blond for that comment.

In the next moment, the art teacher enters their room with a brunette girl following him. Weirdly, she hides her face behind her chocolate brown hair, which catches Bucky's attention. She seems timid and looks like she wants to disappear. It almost reminds him of Steve, but it's a little different.

"Quiet, please, the class starts!" Mr. Donovan shouts and the chatter dies down. "This is Evelyn Farrell. The music class was crammed, so she had to transfer to the art class."

"Eve." Her voice is surprisingly clear and strong compared to her appearance, and Bucky raises a brow.

"What?" Mr. Donovan frowns and the brunette girl repeats herself.

"It's Eve, not Evelyn." This time, she actually shows her face and Bucky is even more stunned by the determination in her pretty, green eyes. He doesn't understand why she would hide her face.

"Whatever. Just sit down." The teacher orders and Eve passes Bucky and Steve, sitting three seats behind them. Bucky watches how she immediately stares down, her eyes attached to her desk, instead of looking up. She's trying to hide again, but it's too late. Bucky has already noticed her.

During the class, Steve has noticed how his best friend isn't paying any attention to Van Gogh's art. "Something got your interest?"

Bucky smirks, pointing at Eve. "She's pretty, don't you think?"

Steve follows the direction and observes the new classmate who's tensed up. "She seems shy."

Though Bucky's smirk widens the longer he looks at her. "I don't know," he says almost amusedly. "There's something about her."

A/N– A Little Christmas/Holiday gift for you :")
We saw how Eve first met Bucky, but not how he first met her really, so I thought this would be cute.