76. PTSD

"James Buchanan Barnes is now officially an Avenger and belongs to our team. His past does not define him and on our mission he truly proved that he's a fighter and helped us to defeat Hydra. With a certificate from Dr Helen Cho, it is now confirmed that Mr Barnes has full control over his mind and is therefore trustworthy. Furthermore, the mission was a success for us and the wellbeing of the whole world..."

"You did well at the press conference." I admit, looking at the tv while putting a pile of books in a box. "Even though your appearance screams too much Tony Stark."

"Maybe because I am Tony Stark." He rolls his eyes and leans back into the couch, sitting lazily and pointing at the tower of boxes. "That's why, I always hire Happy for stuff like this. Way too exhausting."

"It was your idea to move away. You're 44, not a hundred. Move your ass." I smack the back of his head, bringing the few boxes to the common room.

"Right, you're the one who's a hundred." Tony shouts after me as I leave him in the living room, rolling my eyes at his comment. After spending weeks in the hospital and at a few annoying press conferences, peace has finally arrived in our team and the discomposure eventually ceases. Bucky's image for the public isn't as bad as it used to be anymore; sure, there are still disagreements but the majority starts understanding the big picture. It is almost unrealistic to have such a peaceful time.

"Oh, Eve, hey! Look what Wanda can do!" Clint calls out to me as I walk into the common room, the archer dramatically presenting with his arms how the brunette moves the boxes with her scarlet aura. "Isn't that awesome? Less work for us!"

"Am I the only one who actually does anything?" I groan and put the boxes down. Wanda chuckles slightly while she transports the boxes to the jet. "Where are the others?"

"Nat's gone playing diplomat with Fury and the government, they don't like our new Avenger." Clint sits down and swings his feet on the table, leaning comfortably back. "And Sam is doing the grocery shopping with Vision. Oh, Scott called, by the way, he wanted to thank us for including him in the mission. Steve and Bucky are somewhere doing something."

"I know what they're doing!" Wanda shouts excitedly and I raise a brow in the air. She shortly closes her eyes, focusing on her powers. "They're training and talking about... wait, no, I can't tell."

"What do you mean?" I question and the Sokovian girl suddenly seems like she's hiding something. "Wanda, explain."

"No, I know nothing." She shakes her head and I groan at her weird behavior, Clint only frowns and doesn't even question it.

"Come on, they're my best friends. You know what? I'll just talk to them. If I'm not mistaken, they're in the gym." I shrug carelessly and go to the elevator, Wanda reacts rather panicked than pleased with my plan. Hobbling into the elevator, I only mumble. "It can't be possible that I'm the only one who's actually doing something for the move. FRIDAY, take me to the gym, please."

"Yes, Miss Farrell." The AI answers and the elevator takes me to the desired floor. Arriving there, I walk half-straight to the gym, my thigh still handicaps me, keeping me from walking properly, but it should soon be fully healed like the other scars and injuries on my body.

"I don't know if she would agree, it's not like back then- wait.." I stand still around the corner and hear Bucky's voice suddenly pausing, his words confuse me. What does he mean by that? Is he talking about me? "Did you get Wanda's message or whatever that was? Eve's on her way to us, pretend to do something."