| Age of Ultron |

T O N Y

The sound of AC/DC is audible in the whole mansion while I'm working in the basement on a damaged robot. Mom and Dad have gone on vacation for a few days and I'm alone at home. It isn't my first time though, I've grown used to the silence and emptiness that spreads through the stupidly big house.

"Okay, bud, hold on." I talk to the robot calming him down while a little electric and afraid sound leaves his mouth. "Damn it, come on, come one!" I groan when suddenly a short-circuit happens, removing my hands; The tips of my fingers burn with pain. I put them between my lips, trying to soothe the burning sensation. "Why can't I be as smart as Dad?"

I'm aware that asking the question out loud won't give me an answer. But still, I hate the way my own father judges me for being such a stupid idiot. It's not my damn fault that I'm not as smart as him, that I can't be him. At least Mom isn't like that, she's wise and understands me. I still can't believe that she married that asshole though. The phone suddenly rings and I quickly turn off the AC/DC music to answer the call.

"Stark here."

"Hello, Tony." Jarvis greets me politely.

"Hey, buddy." I half smile.

"Anna and I want to invite you to dinner. She made her famous roast again. I could pick you up." He offers me kindly, concern laces his voice.

"Jarvis, I'm 21 now. I don't need a babysitter." I roll my eyes playfully. He's such a Mom.

"Just because you're 21 doesn't mean you don't need anyone." He says softly. "You're always welcome here. And Anna would like to see you again."

I bite on my lower lip, considering his offer. The food from the cook is actually waiting for me and I don't want to sound like a baby by pining for company.

"God, Tony, just suck up your pride and let Edward pick you up!" Anna's energetic voice shouts from the background and I let out a little chuckle. That woman has the temperament of a bull.

"Fine, just because you're so obsessed with me." I reply casually and she groans which makes me smirk.

"I'll be there in a half hour." Jarvis lets me know.

"See you." I hang up and a little bit excitement runs through my veins. I'd never admit it but I'm actually really relieved that they invited me. It's been awful to spend nights and days in this huge mansion, all alone. The boredom and loneliness drove me crazy. I run back to the basement to dispose of the mess of technology, wires and metal.

"I'll fix you later, robot." I pat him on his shoulder before I turn him off. Then I quickly change my clothes to be dressed suitable. A button-down shirt and black trousers should work, I know how much Jarvis appreciates it when I'm dressed appropriately. It's just my way to say thank you for the invitation. Apart from that, Jarvis is the only one who enjoyed visiting me at boarding school. All of the sudden the doorbell rings and it gets impatiently repeated as I walk to the door and roll my eyes annoyed.

"Being too early is impolite, Jarvis." I open the door expecting my butler and friend but my smile fades away when I instead see three men in expensive black suits standing there.

"I'm afraid to disappoint you, Mr Stark, but I'm not Mr Jarvis." The tallest in the middle says, his voice is sharp and his eyes gaze strictly at me.

"I have eyes, thanks. Who the hell are you?" I frown as my grip around the door knob gets tighter. It wouldn't be the first time that men try to break in and steal inventions or money from Dad.