74. Homecoming

"Hurry, Scott!" I pant, pure panic taking over my mind as I try to run as fast as possible with my injured leg. The adrenaline kicks in and I can't think clearly, my thoughts only circle around my best friend. My fist lands in an agent's face, causing a nasty crack as he stumbles back, trying to regain balance. But I ruin his chances by constantly kicking him against his gut until he falls down.

"Coming! You're just so damn fast!" He whines as he keeps changing his size to fight his way through, trying not to lose the track.

"Steve got shot! We gotta hurry and you need to show me the way." I urge him as I ram my elbow into the throat of the next soldier. The facility hadn't changed since the forties, I still slightly remember the plan of the building. My other hand is pressed against the leather belt on my thigh, trying to stop the bleeding as I force myself to keep running.

"To your right, down the corridor." Scott leads me and is now right behind me. He supports me and places my arm around his neck, together we run down the corridor. A few Hydra soldiers try to block our way but fail due to my electricity.

"Can the others help us?"

"Stark and red robot are transferring information from Hydra to FRIDAY, arrow guy and redhead fight with wingman against the army and metal arm and Maximoff are helping Captain America."

"Has anyone ever told you our actual names?" I frown at his nicknames and he chuckles nervously. We finally reach the big hall and walk straight into chaos.

As Scott reported, Clint and Natasha fight together like a dynamic duo against Hydra on the ground, sometimes arrows fly through the area, sometimes Sam flies down to give Natasha the necessary momentum when he's not too busy with clearing the air for us. My heartbeat races rapidly when I finally spot Steve in the corner with Bucky and Wanda, lying on the ground.

Relieved, I wobble towards the trio, my mouth desperately shouting Steve's name. Scott covers my back to make it possible for me to walk to them as Bucky's and Wanda's heads shoot up, reacting to my shout. The closer I get, the more my anxiety grows and I almost gasp when I see his blood. A large amount of the red liquid is growing on his stomach.

"I told you to stay in the jet!" Bucky yells at me and his hands are covered with the red color, his voice trembling.

"Steve..." I only mutter and sink to the ground, witnessing how Bucky desperately tries to stop the bleeding with his hands while Steve's head lies on Wanda's thighs, the scarlet aura lurking in front of his closed eyes.

"I'm easing his pain. Well, I'm trying." Wanda explains when she catches my puzzled glance. "The dream may distract him."

Bucky only slightly glares at me when he notices my bloody thigh, anger lacing his look. I know him. He's always mad when the people he cares about are hurt. Without thinking, I remove the leather belt and put it around Steve's stomach, his body jerking in reaction to the sudden movements.

"This should help." I tighten the belt and Bucky doesn't seem to be overly fond of my solution, yet he nonetheless helps me. "Wanda, try to use your red aura to stop the bleeding like a barrier for the blood but be careful. Natasha! Clint! Help Steve. Bucky and I will take over for you two."

"No, that's out of the question." Bucky shakes  his head wildly while the Sokovian does as I say.

"Wanda's easing Steve's pain and stopping the bleeding, she can't help on the field right now. You have a metal arm and are better in combat, I produce electricity, that's how everything works faster." I declare and already get up after squeezing Steve's cold hand tightly. His breaths are sharp and fast, his skin pale. "Don't worry, you'll be alright. I promise."