Chapter 2

"Can I help you find anything?"

"Uh-no, I'm just looking, but thanks." Spencer said to the salesgirl at the music store she just entered. She decided she was going to get Emily her favorite Blink-182 cd, and a gift card for Starbucks.

She made her way to the B's, shaking the snow out of her hair. After quickly scanning the shelves, she found what she was looking for and went to grab it.

But someone beat her to it, and grabbed the last copy. Surprised, Spencer looked up and saw a highly attractive  guy, a year or two older than her, with hazel brown hair and dark chocolate brown eyes.

"Hey!" she said angrily, going to grab it back, but once again he was too fast and moved it out of her grasp. "Give it back!" He raised his eyebrows and smirked at her.

"But it was never yours in the first place." She rolled her eyes and went to grab it again.

"Yeah, but I was going to grab it, then you took it from me."

"Tell you what," he said, "you can have the CD on one condition." She glared at him and crossed her arms over her chest.

"What's the condition?" he smiled before answering.

"You let me buy you a cup of coffee."

She raised her eyebrows at him. This was all some lame attempt at flirting? Either that, or he was just being nice. She decided it had to be the latter and gave in.

He grinned and handed her the CD, which she snatched away before walking to the front and paying for it.

"I'm Ryan, by the way."

"Spencer." She replied. Once the CD was paid for, she followed him down the block to Starbucks. They both ordered cappuccinos and sat down next to a fireplace.

"So are you from around here?" Ryan asked.

"Yeah, I've lived here since I was 15. What about you?"

"I just moved here with my brother Jamie. We have an apartment about 10 minutes from here. Do you have any brothers or sisters?" She bit her lip as she chose her next words carefully.

"Uh, no I don't have any family here." She mumbled. Spencer didn't want to tell Ryan that her parents and brother had died in a car accident two years earlier, and that she was the only one to survive it. That's when whoever she was talking to would look at her with pity in their eyes and stop treating her like a normal person. So far, Spencer really liked Ryan and didn't want to mess it up.

Ryan and Spencer talked for a while longer, and she learned a lot of things about him. He loved to play guitar, was really close with his family, did volunteer work in his free time, and absolutely hated mustard with every ounce of being. He was a lot of fun to talk to, and it was just really nice to talk to someone outside of the orphanage.

When it was completely black outside, Spencer saw how late it was, and realized Emily would be wondering where the hell she was. "Sorry, I have to go, I had no idea it was this late already!"  She said as she grabbed her bag with the CD and Starbucks gift card in it and rushed out the door.

As soon as she was inside a cab and driving away she realized she didn't have Ryan's number, and kicked herself for not thinking of asking him for it.

A/N oops. My Internet stopped working so I couldn't update until now. Sorry c: Anyway, yeah this chapter was ok, but I have really good ideas for the whole thing! Also, I'm working on ANOTHER fan fiction (yeah, i know that's my THIRD active one, haha) but once I get a few more chapters written, I will post it. I think you guys are really going to like it (: COMMENT AND VOTE PLEASE?? When people comment, I tend to update more often :D