①②

✧✦✧✦✧

(y/n)'s pov:

i opened my eyes and held my bandaged head, i was in excruciating pain. i slowly sat up and realized i was on the bus. i looked around wearily, hoping for an answer as to what had happened. i quickly realized it was late, the sun had already set and most students were asleep. the bus driver continued to drive while quietly conversing with mr. aizawa.

"that was a lot of work, but if you leave the bandages on for a little while, you should be fine." i turned and found kirishima sitting in the seat across from me.

"how long have i been out?" i quietly asked, not wanting to wake the other students.

"about 9 hours." he responded and showed me the time on his phone. 9:13pm it read. i looked away and towards the back of the bus. i could see mina's pink hair sticking up from behind the seat in front of her.

"how's mina?" i asked. "she's the one that found me, she rushed to help when she saw me." i looked back at kiri.

he slowly smirked, seeing the worry for her in my eyes. "she's fine, she's not the only one who helped you know." i gave him a questionable look as he continued. "you might not have seen since you were basically already unconscious, but katsuki was right behind her..." he trailed off.

"bakugou?" i questioned, chuckling a little. this had to be a joke. "the katsuki bakugou helped mina save me?"

he only smiled in return and looked back to where bakugou was sitting. i looked with him. he was asleep, this might have been the first time i've seen him so peaceful. he had a couple scratches on his face, but nothing too bad from what i could tell.

i- i had no words. bakugou saved me? but why?

i couldn't believe it. i looked back and forth from kirishima to bakugou. kirishima laughed at my actions. "you know" he started. "he's not so bad once you get to know him." i laughed. "yea right." i said pulling up my sleeve to show him the painful burn marks i had on my wrists due to bakugou's reckless actions not too long ago.

kiri's smile quickly faded. he looked down at his lap, as if looking for what to say next.

"so.. about what you heard in the hallway earlier when me and bakugou were arguing.." he quickly looked up at me and bowed his head. my eyes grew wide. "please forget you heard anything!" he pleaded, looking back up at me with a swift action.

i looked at kirishima with a clueless face. what was he talking about? the conversation earlier, why is he bringing that up? unless...

"oh my gosh, kiri..." i trailed off. "that conversation, was it about me?" i questioned, somewhat regretting i asked but also curious so i stayed quiet, waiting for him to respond.

kirishima just looked at me, but before he had the chance to respond, the bus driver interfered by getting on the speaker.

"we're pulling into the hotel, please grab your trash before getting off."

i looked at kiri one more time before he stood, quickly grabbing his things and exited the bus as fast as he could. i knew he was avoiding the question.

                                      time skip

once we entered the hotel, we all waited in the lobby, resting on the couches while the teachers got us all checked in. they gave us our room numbers and we all wondered off in search of our rooms. "make sure lights are out by 11." mr. aizawa told us before we left.

i looked at my keycard which had the room number 317 inscribed on it. i got in the elevator and pushed the 3rd floor, when suddenly a hand flew between the almost-closed doors. they yanked them open and there stood someone who gave me goosebumps. bakugou.

he piled in the small elevator with all his belongings, glancing down at me once he'd pressed the 4th floor button. it was awkward, no one but him and me, standing in the jam-packed space, and of course elevator music played quietly.

this is so awkward! what do i do? what do i say? do i say anything?

i glanced up at bakugou from the corner of my eye, knowing i had to say something. i spoke the first words that came to mind. "thank you." i said, suddenly breaking the awkward silence.

he looked down at me, "what for?" he suddenly responded in a deep, tired voice. the huskiness of his voice caught me off-guard, which made me more nervous. i looked down and spoke;

"well, k-kiri told me you helped mina rescue m-me so, thanks."

i stuttered! crap he's gonna make fun of me-

i looked back up at him and he-

had a-

smile-

on his face?!?

a wave of relief washed over me. i'd never seen him like this, he seemed more... approachable?

"what are you smiling about?" i asked, a smirk on my face.

he looked down at me and replied; "kirishima wasn't supposed to tell you, i'm thinking of ways i'm gonna kill him. and not to brag, but i have some good ideas." his evil smile grew at his twisted thoughts.

my smirk dropped as soon as it had appeared. with those words, his seemingly more approachable side had disappeared completely and i was left with his murderous side. thankfully, the elevator doors opened quickly and i made my escape. i quickly exited with my things, but the whole conversation didn't sit right with me.

as the doors were closing, i looked back at bakugou and quickly said, "i meant what i said, bakugou." and with that the doors closed.

i let out a sigh, wondering if he heard me properly. i decided it's best not to think about it, it's been a long day and i needed to rest. i walked down the hallway and found my room. 317 the door read. i walked in to find my roommate unpacking her things. my eyes widened as momo stared back at me.

bakugou's pov:

"i meant what i said, bakugou." she said, and the doors closed, breaking the eye contact we shared.

i looked down at my phone, but something on the ground had caught my eye. i picked up the purple hair tie and observed it, hoping i'd find a name. and that i did, there written in small letters read (l/n)  (y/n). i recognized it as the one she had worn in her hair the day we trained together.

how the hell am i gonna give this back without being weird?

the elevator doors opened and i placed the hair tie around my wrist so i wouldn't forget to deal with it later. once i found my room i barged in and found my roommate sitting on his bed. he didn't even have to turn around, i'd recognize that ridiculous hair anywhere. kirishima. he turned and showed me a cowardly smile. i'm gonna kill him.