Chapter 25

Austin's POV

"I didn't tell him anythingGarrett, I got him talking about his modeling." Garrett stares intensely andcold into my eyes Unphased at what I just said. "I don't believe you." Hegrowls tightening his grip on my chair, "You told him about tutoring, you arejust out to humiliate me." He accuses me with which makes me feel a little hurtthat Garrett doesn't trust me, but then again Garrett and I don't really knoweach other that well. "That isn't true, if I wanted to humiliate you then Iwould tell everyone about you spent the night in my room, and let everyone makeup their own conclusions." I snap at him getting a little back bone. But theback bone quickly vanishes as Garrett brings himself closer to me until we arenose to nose, "You don't want to make an enemy out of me Black, I can be eitheryour best ally or your worst enemy." I move in my chair trying to put a littledistance between us but no such luck.

"Fromrecent encounters between us I would say that you can do both at the sametime." Garrett smiles but the smile that comes across his lips is not one ofamusement but one of a sadistic person. "Tell me the truth or I will pick thischair up with you in it and throw it across the room." He picks up the chairlightly before slamming it down making me jump. "I told you the truth, Brodiedoesn't know anything and neither does anyone else." I say panic rising in myvoice. Garrett releases my chair and takes a step back. "You better keep itthat way, for your safety." He says before walking away and taking his seat inclass. I am still in panic mode when Mr. Orson who is the 6 foot 1 athleticbuild history teacher with dark brown hair and blue eyes that is known aroundcampus for his hot looks. "Alright class, everyone please get quite." He sayswalking to the front of the room turning on the projector and his laptop, "Todaywill be talking about life in the 1900's compared to life in today's world, andhow some people think that life in the 1900's is better than today." I open mynotebook and start taking notes,

"Doesanyone have something to start us off?" He asks looking around the room and Iraises my hand knowing that I might be the only one that will be willing tostart this conversation off. "One that comes to my mind is technology, back inthe day they didn't have emails, texting, or cell phones, they had telegrams,letters, and landlines." Mr. Orson smiles at me nodding his head, "That is avery good observation Mr. Black." Mr. Orson steps from behind his desk andkeeps the conversation going, "Now Mr. Black, would you care to give an exampleabout how technology would be better if we still lived in the 1900's?" I thinkfor a moment before answering him. "Life was simpler back then withouttechnology to get in the way, people interacted more with each other and had alive that wasn't consumed by the internet." Mr. Orson inclines his head as heleans back against his desk crossing his arms over his chest. "Speaking of theinternet, today we all get our news from the internet or TV, but the firstradio station wasn't broadcasted until 1920, and before that the only source ofgetting news was a printed source like newspapers, magazines, and pamphlets."Everyone writes down a couple of notes as Mr. Orson dives more into thedifference between 1900's technology and communication to today's technologyand communication.

Thedismissal bell rings and everyone packs up their stuff and heads out, I finishpacking up my stuff and I turn around to see that Garrett has already gone. Iwalk into the hallway and as I am looking down on my phone texting Jeremiah Iam suddenly yanked into an empty classroom. "I am really getting sick and tiredof people not treating me like I am a human person." I say rolling my eyes andwhen I turn around I see that it was Garrett that pulled into the room. "I justwanted to talk to you." Garrett says making me look at him with a confused lookon his face. "Garrett, you should really look into bipolar disorder because youmight have a legitimate case." As I look into Garrett's eyes I can't help butsee what I would call remorse. Garrett sits down on top of a desk as the two ofus just look at each other waiting for other one to say something. "I wasthinking that maybe we could actually try to be friends with each other." Ihave to say that is the last thing I ever thought would come out of Garrett'sHuntsman mouth.

"Iam not say we will be best friends, but maybe we could hang out tonight and getto know each other a little better." I look at Garrett unsure if I shouldbelieve him or if I should just walk away. "I am almost completely positivewhen it comes to fun that you and I are not even in the same universe." Garrettnods head agreeing with the truthful statement. "I was thinking that we wouldgo to the strip club and go out looking for booty calls." Garrett says with avery sarcastic tone of voice which informs me that he is just making that up toget under my skin. Garrett hits my shoulder laughing a genuine laugh whichactually starts getting me to laugh along with him. "I think you could use anight of fun and games that doesn't consist of your normal boring outlook oncollege life, and since we are trying to be friends I can't think of a reasonwhy the two of us can't hang out."

I can't say that I am not interested in the idea of hanging out with Garrett but the idea of lying to everyone is a completely other story. "I am so happy that you agree, I will see you later today." Garret smiles as he jumps off the desk and walks out the door. "I never officially agreed!" I yell but Garrett doesn't turn around to look me. "Your silences speaks volumes!" Garrett yells back as he vanishes out of sight. I sit in the empty classroom thinking of what I have truly gotten myself into, and it would seem that my world is starting to change in more ways than one, and I am not sure that I am okay with that.