TWO

🐶
T W O
the first day of the cartier job

TODAY WAS THE DAY. MY FIRST DAY WORKING FOR CARTIER IN THE MAGICAL CITY OF PARIS.

I woke to up to Poppy barking in my ear, who would always do so before I gave her food after eight o'clock. And I couldn't refuse to when it was my favourite girl.

Eight o'clock? I glimpsed over at the bedside table to find its clock clearly reading 08:35am.

"NO, NO, NO!" I was out of the bed in an instant, fumbling around with a few products from my makeup bag. I was supposed to be gone into work already. It took god knows what time to reach the city centre on a Monday morning.

I had slept in.

After slipping on a silk robe, I full on sprinted into the kitchen area and grabbed some protein bar thingy from Neymar's cupboard. It was the easiest thing there that I could eat. There was no sign of the Brazilian or his retriever dog in the deserted kitchen space. I didn't care, I didn't want any distractions, so I sprinted back down the hall to my room as fast as I possibly could.

Outfit, outfit, outfit... It had to be perfect. Stylish, chic, but not too over the top. It was Paris, after all. It was one of the fashion capitals.

I planned on doing my makeup first, something neutral would do. My outfit was the main focal point, along with my jewellery accessories. Looking the part was crucial for this job. I would be working with some of the best in the business.

I glimpsed around the room eagerly to find a reasonable mirror so I could do my makeup. But there was none fitting my expectations. I opened the door towards the ensuite connecting to the bedroom.

There was shower steam everywhere, and no sort of ventilation had been turned on. My eyes nearly stung with how heavy and hot the steam was. Now my skin was going to turn out to be a disaster!

I glanced in the direction ahead where I had seen the sink previously the day before. It was then when I saw a figure at the other end of the room in a state I had not expected.

"AHHHHHHHHHHHHH!"

Neymar had scared the bejesus out of me! Especially as he stood there half naked with a white towel wrapped around his toned torso.

"Morning to you, too." Neymar acted as cool as a cucumber like this was normal for him. He went searching for some shaving foam in the nearby cabinet. "Don't you have a job to be getting to?"

"Yes, but I don't want a steamed mirror in front of me while I'm doing my makeup!" I folded my arms in annoyance. The thought made me shudder.

"Whoops. Are we going to have our first argument as roomies? You do know that I rent this apartment, right? I pay for this place with my hard earned cash. And I'm kicking you out this evening."

"Kicking me out? You can't do that, I'll be homeless!" I couldn't help but shriek. "Neymar, you can't! No jewellery designer in the city of Paris is... homeless!"

Neymar shrugged like he didn't give a care in the world. I knew it was very nice of him to offer me a guest room to stay, but he could've suggested some five star hotels with the Egyptian cotton sheets I liked!