𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟐

Start from the beginning

yeosang stands as he pushes the chair back, standing in front of the blackboard once again "good. now focus because one day you'll be marrying some prince, and you need to know a lot about our kingdom as well as other kingdoms"

soojin grunted "why cant we just marry anyone.. like, even people who arent royalty?"

"because" the wizard started, his back was already against her as he starts writing down words with his chalk "its in the law, plus you need to continue the royal bloodline"

yeosang faces her as he dusted his hands "and you know.. that prince from sagwa likes you" he states matter of factly "i feel like the two of you are going to get married someday"

"jongho?" soojin asked as yeosang nodded.

the princess knew the wizard was right.

jongho was the crown prince of sagwa, the oldest among the two children, choi jiseon was the name of his younger sister. once he turns 21, he might offer the decision of marrying soojin. zeeta wouldn't be able to deny since sagwa is a strong kingdom, it would benefit them both. it is also for the fact that her late father and the current king of sagwa were best of friends, making it harder to deny the offer.

jongho met soojin 2 years ago and immediately formed a strong liking towards the young princess. they became friends but soojin still knew very little about the prince.

"we barely talked during the funeral" soojin mumbles.

the wizards turns to her with an amused grin "it's because you were crying the whole time, princess. he was there comforting you, you just didnt notice"

her eyes grew wide at the new found information. imagining her disheveled self whilst jongho stood beside her, face still puffy and eyes bloodshot. soojin felt her face burn with embarrassment as the wizard only laughed, not helping with her situation at all.

the door to the library suddenly opened revealing a certain choi san. his hands were on his waist as he stared back and forth between the two "did i disturb you?" the princes started to walk towards them.

"your majesty" yeosang bowed. san pouts as he narrows his eyes toward his friend "it's just us here yeosang, drop the formalities"

"i was just playing" the wizard said, standing straight. he points to the reddening princess, a grin still plastered on his face "we were just talking about prince jongho"

san raised his brow towards his sister "oh really?" soojin glared at yeosang, the latter only raising his hands in defense "we could get you two married as soon as im king. just say the words and its done"

soojin punched san's shoulder as the two boys laughed "i want to marry for love you know"

"i know, but its hard for a royal to be with someone because they love eachother"

"father and mother did it" the princess said crossing her arms once again "why cant we"

san places a finger on her nose, a knowing smile on his face "because sister. mother and father fell in love with eachother and are both royals, they we're lucky"

she rolls her eyes, playfully swatting his hand away "dont worry soojin. you never know, you might fall head over heels for jongho someday"

─── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ───

san had excused soojin from her lessons with yeosang, practically stealing her away from the other boy. the prince wanted his sister's help with the decor for the coronation and his final fitting.

the siblings were in the garden, peacefully strolling around as they looked at different types of plants and flowers. they have also invited soobin to join but the prince had only said that he was going catch up with them for the fitting since he still had errands to finished.

"do you think we should use red roses or white roses?" san asked as he points to a certain shrubbery. soojin looks around. spotting one particular flower "how about those" she pointed towards the area.

"marigolds?" san asked.

the princess nodded "they're orange— our kingdom's color and they're beautiful. we could also use poppies!" the older visibly pouts but nods at her suggestion.

"and we can use white roses too because i know you love them" she adds with a chuckled as san beams happily with a smile.

the siblings continues with their walk, soojin dragging her gown against the stone paths whilst san offered her his arm to take.

"where's the queen?" soojin asked, a sudden curiosity washing over her at the thought "i havent seen her since the funeral"

"i dont know" san answered honestly "you know.. father asked us to call her mother now. they've been married for almost two years"

the younger stops in her tracks, face downcast "i know.. she's nice and all but i dont think i'll get used to her"

"you need to, soojin" the prince turns to looks at her, grabbing her hand and squeezing it.

a servant hesitantly came towards the two, not wanting to disturbed the moment the siblings had. he bows towards them "your highness. its time for your final fitting"

dont forget to vote and share!

i also might add gifs to each update mhmmm idk buuut look at that beautiful gif of yeosang (╥﹏╥)