THE TRUTH

Of course ! Ashley wasn't the only one who wanted to know about the truth. They all came downstairs and sat down in the living room as I decided it was time to let them know about it.

The truth about me.

The truth about Namjoon.

The truth about them.

" I knew everything from the very beginning. I knew about Namjoon and his intentions. I never did anything because my hands were tied."

" We don't understand anything, hyung. What do you mean ?" Jimin furrowed his eyebrows.

" The incidents that happened with all of us. From car accidents to fire in the restaurant. Everything is related to our past."

" Our past ? What does it has to do with us ?" Hoseok amused by my sentence.

" Has anyone read ' Old Folktales ' ?" I asked.

" I have read it." Ashley and Tae answered in unison.

" If you read the legend named ' Death of the Devil's wife ', you would find similarities in the incidents which happened back then and the incidents that are happening now." I replied.

" But why is it happening with us ?" Yoongi seems confused.

" Because we were the part of the legend."

" The devil referred in the legend is none other than Namjoon. He had a wife who was killed in his absence." I answered to his question.

" Namjoon ? Devil ? I don't believe this." Hoseok was in a perplexed state.

" He is the prince of hell. He was no human."

" But according to the legend, he took the revenge for his wife's death. Why is he after us now ?" Tae asked with a frown.

" Every person faces a judgment at the end of their lifespan. He either goes to Heaven or Hell. The karma of a person decides if he is placed in either of them." I said.

" But we all ended up in Hell because of our deeds. Right under Namjoon's wrath." I added.

" What did we do that we landed up in hell ?" Jimin asked with a worried look.

" We killed his wife. We plotted a plan against his wife." I replied resentfully, thinking about the time I actually agreed to do so.

" We paid for our deeds. Then what's the use of chasing us now ?" Yoongi asked as he was getting annoyed at how things are just getting complicated.

" Like I said, he was the lord of the hell. He made sure that each one of us were tortured enough and given as much pain as his wife went through."

" But he forgot that we were mere human souls who would take rebirth again."

" Rebirth ? So this is our..." Hoseok's voice become low as he understands the fact.

" Right. All of us are reborn." I replied confidently.

" So now he is back to take his revenge." Ashley assumed.

" Kinda. All I know is that he doesn't want us to escape the only place where he can torture us for our deeds."

" If we die and get placed in hell then we have to serve ourselves in hell. No supernatural being can take a rebirth. Making it obvious that he doesn't want us to be born again. He wants to finish this for once and all." I added.

I looked at their faces and they were blank. Nobody spoke a word. They seemed to be lost in thoughts. Too many questions left unanswered. Taehyung broke the silence.