Rain Games

Viktor felt a shame he had never felt before. Hermione was going through a very difficult time and he was not supporting her. But he couldn't help it. He was not himself. He felt a grey cloud follow him wherever he went and felt an empty, sinking feeling when he awoke to the sound of the rain on his roof. He had seen Hermione in passing. But when he was not training, he had spent his time in his room. And he had waited until she left to cook and eat. He hated this, hated himself for doing it. But he didn't want her to see him this way.

Chigvintsev awoke to a knock at his door. He cursed whoever had prevented him from sleeping longer, then immediately regretted it when he saw Hermione, adorned in her rain boots and coat, stood, beaming up at him.

Chigvintsev's house was modern. Built with a monochromatic theme in mind, the decor was minimalist and sleek. It was not Hermione's cup of tea. But she could appreciate the style. She sat on a white pleather chair, whilst Chigvintsev poured tea and made her two slices of toast, slathering them with raspberry jam.

Hermione sat and ate happily, whilst Chigvintsev watched her, waiting for her to state her purpose.
"Viktor is not well." She began and instantly, Chigvintsev was worried.
"How so?" He asked and Hermione looked down at her cup of tea, wondering how to explain all of this.
"The rain has got him down. I have never seen him like this before. The Bulgarian coach has asked if I can take the rain away, if only for a little while."
"Let me go a change." Chigvintsev interrupted Hermione to get up and prepare himself. He understood what she was asking and he was more than willing to comply.

After a short while, Chigvintsev emerged in steel toed boots and a perfectly tailored, brown rain coat. Hermione smiled and thanked him, to which he raised a hand, insisting it was no problem.

They both apparated to the grounds and Chigvintsev looked up at the sky, which had appeared to open once again.
"It really is coming down." He stated and Hermione nodded, pulling her hood up. They met with Slaven. The men shook hands and conversed in a language Hermione could not understand without her translating devices.
"Ve're going to sit indoors to cast today." Chigvintsev told Hermione and she was unsure how she felt about it. She was not well versed in indoor casting. But, for Viktor she would try.

Chigvintsev and Hermione were given plush chairs that looked out on the pitch through a glass wall. Hermione saw Viktor and felt her breath hitch. He looked utterly miserable, training in the rain. The sooner Hermione could help him, the better.

For the first time in his career, Viktor wanted to get off of his broom and go inside. He was cold and wet and he felt an illness coming on which he knew would not help his mood. However, for the first time in weeks, the rain began to clear off and soon, Viktor's skin was drying up, no longer being soaked through by the rain. He couldn't understand what had happened, the forecaster had predicted rain for the next week, so how? And then it hit him: Hermione. Somehow, the team had managed to get Hermione in to take away the rain for a while. Viktor felt guilty; Hermione was already having a bad time of it and now they had hauled her in to help out with the team. He was an awful boyfriend, he was sure of it. But, for the time being, he pushed that thought to the back of his mind and enjoyed the new found sun.

Hermione was delighted when she saw that the spell was working. The men were infinitely happier and Viktor was no exception. He beamed as he looked up at the clear sky and played with more vigour than before. With Chigvintsev there, Hermione found it much easier to keep her strength whilst casting the spell. However, she was glad when lunch rolled around and she could return home for something to eat.
"Are you sure that you didn't vant to stay vith Viktor?" Chigvintsev asked as they ate their sandwiches together. Hermione shook her head.
"No, I do not need to be involved in that part of his life. I want him to have friends, to have a life outside of me." Chigvintsev smiled down at her, she was a kind and clever girl.

Viktor sat with Andre at lunch. The room buzzed with a kind of energy that Viktor had never felt before. The men were so excited to have experienced that kind of magic for the first time that it was the only thing they could talk about.
"I cannot tell you how good it felt to have the sun on my face." Andre beamed up at Viktor.
"Her-my-knee is a special witch." VIktor smiled down at his sandwich.
"It was a very impressive spell." Andre nodded, taking large bites out of his pasta salad. Viktor did wonder why Hermione had not stuck around to eat with him and his only thought was that she was angry at him for abandoning her and he could understand that. He would be annoyed if she had acted the way he had, and he knew that he would have to work to be back in her favour.

Training went very well out of the rain. The men were far more enthusiastic, now that their kits had dried. They had so much to thank Hermione for, it was surprising how much one day of dry training did for the men's morale. They decided to band together and buy the witch some flowers and chocolates for what she did. She had been offered payment from Slaven, but she had refused it. Her glass blowing was already bringing in more money than she could handle, so she gave the kind donation over to Chigvintsev, who took it as a gesture of gratitude.

Hermione was nervous when she got home. How was Viktor going to react to her intruding on his quidditch? She feared he would be annoyed at her, despite her helping him. She sat on the sofa, after changing into some comfortable clothing and waited.

Viktor saw Hermione, curled up into a ball on the sofa when he got home. He sighed and smiled, looking over at her, then went over to join her. When she saw him, she saw a fear in her eyes. He wondered why she seemed to fear him. He smiled down at her.
"Thank you, for today." He sat and took her hand.

Hermione felt her fear drift away after Viktor thanked her. But now a new emotion had surfaced. She was engulfed by a terrible sadness. Seeing Viktor, after all this time, was difficult. She only realised now how lonely she had been.
"You were gone for so long. I didn't know if you were ever coming back." She sighed and pulled her legs to her chest.

Viktor looked over at Hermione and realised the damage he had caused.
"I am sorry. I need you to know that." He pleaded to her and she nodded her head.
"It was just hard, being here practically alone." She sighed.
"It von't happen again." He promised.
"I can't make the rain go away forever." Hermione replied, looking down at her toes.
"I vill haff to learn to deal vith the rain. I know that." She allowed her lips to turn up, ever so slightly at the edges, as she nodded.

Viktor left her for the time being, to cook dinner. What Hermione had done that day had really helped him and now it was time to help her. He had been selfish and he knew it was his turn at being selfless. So anything she needed, or wanted, Hermione was going to get it. Whether that meant materialistic things, or time spent with him, he would do whatever it took to make Hermione happy again.

A Year Abroad (Hermione/Viktor)On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara