Chapter 15: Selfish

Start from the beginning

I walk into my room running my fingers through my wet hair and I have a full blown heart attack upon seeing the man in my room.

I grasp my heart and gasp loudly. Although my heart fills with happiness as I see him for the first time in a week, his face is not happy.

Wait, he can't be here.

"Grey you can't be here, you have to leave," I rush out. If Dad sees him here, gosh knows what he'd do to me after he'd leave.

How did he get in anyway?

Oh, what if he's the type of fed that sneaks into houses to catch people?

"The fuck do you mean I can't be here?" He asks unhappily.

"You ignore me for a fucking week and as soon as I finally see you, you tell me to leave?"

I feel terrible. I'm a terrible person.

"I know, I know," I nod completely taking the blame.

Am I selfish for not wanting to get hit with the belt again?

I wouldn't want Grey to feel upset. Maybe another whipping for him to feel better is okay.

"I'm sorry Grey," I tell him sincerely and he softens.

"I don't know how I haven't ruined this thing," he lifts up the scrunchie, "stressing over you."

I walk to him and wrap my arms around his waist. He moves to wrap his arms around me but I catch them before he can touch my back and I place them back down by his side.

He tenses.

"Why won't you let me touch you?" His voice goes unhappy.

"How'd you get in?" I redirect the conversation. I release his waist and walk over to my window.

"The door was open," he says and I look down into our driveway.

Dad's car isn't here.

I breathe a breath of relief turning back to him.

"What's going on Azalea?" His jaw ticks as he searches for answers.

"Nothing," I avert my eyes away from his. He steps forward and tries to wrap his arms around me. Before they can touch my back, I step out of his reach.

"Why the fuck won't you let me touch you?" he grows frustrated and I only feel worse.

"Here, here, I'm sorry," I grab his arms and direct them to wrap around my very lower back.

His arms relax and I'm tenser than ever. Lord knows when Dad will come back.

"What is it, hm?" He hand reaches up and he brushes a wet strand behind my ear. I lean into his touch even though my mind tells me not to.

"Let me see you," I hear the want in his voice and I let him tilt my chin up to meet his eyes.

"You need to leave," I attempt one last time.

"Spend the night with me," he says, "come back with me."

I'm so selfish, aren't I?

"Grey, I cant. I'm sure there's some other girl that would love to though. I can't," my words hurt my heart.

Like that girl he kissed in the same room he kissed me in.

His eyes turn dark and he gives me a glare that I hadn't seen in a while.

"Bull-fucking-shit. You can. You're and adult. You can do what you fucking want to. Is your dad telling you shit? Your mom? I don't want some other girl I want you," he furrows his eyebrows. I'm hardly an adult.