Infirmaries and Breakfast

"Hey, it's Penelope Peabody

"Hey, it's Penelope Peabody. Remember that favor you and your son owe me?"
I knew I owed Penny Peabody. Did I expect to be woken up by her after a wine coma? No, of course not.
"Of course I remember, Penny. Can I call you in about an hour and we can-"
"Meet me at pops for breakfast, I'm hungry."
Without another word, the lawyer hung up.
"Never get in bed with a snake wrangler", FP had said to me, but I didn't have much of an option.
Quickly, I readied myself. Makeup was non existent, and small brown freckles danced over my nose as the light crossed it as I jumped from room to room.
I knew Penny wouldn't have called me if it wasn't urgent, but I was still nervous as to what she wanted.
The speedy drive to Pop's was met with shock. Jughead was here too. I didn't know why, though. I can only imagine Penny called him, as well.
"If this is about money," I began to talk to Penny as the three of us sat down.
"He needs more help, that's why I called," Penny frowned. "FP got in a little 'accident' with some Ghoulies in the prison showers the other day,"
Jughead set his hand on mine and took in a deep breath as I tensed. I am gonna skin Malachi and feed it to his damn dog.
"Listen, he's in the infirmary," Penny spoke to us.
"Is he ok?" I spoke lowly to Penny and she gave me a sad look.
"They messed up that pretty face of his,"
I frowned heavily. Poor FP. All I wanted to do was make sure he was alright, but I had no idea how to.
"The Ghoulies wanted blood payback for the deal that you and that Northsider made with Sheriff Keller, it got all their higher ups locked away."
"What can we do," I cut Jughead off. "What can we do, to get him out?"
"For that you would need money. You need money. Rich people? Rich people don't sit in jail," Penny frowned.
"I have eighteen dollars to my name," Jughead spoke.
"I'm low too, since I've been shot."
"Then think of this one favor as a job. Move one crate from the Southside to an address in Greendale,"
"What exactly is in the crate?" I asked her, knowing what was happening.
"Pancake mix," Penny spoke, stabbing the pancake with a fork.
For the love of Jesus Christ himself.
"Penny he will not be a drug runner," I growled at her.
"It's not running. He would be a transportation advisor. This one time job will put new money into FP's case. The crate won't fit on your bike, do you have a car?"

"We could have just used my car," I shook my head as Archie opened the door to the shipping container. "Dad would flip."
"Your car is too recognizable, Maddy. It'll put us all at risk for exposure."
Jughead's face blanched as he looked at the chained crate. Quickly, the two boys moved the crate before we all piled into the truck, getting our night started.
"I'll see it through, Jug, but where does it end?" Archie asked.
"115 Derby street in Greendale," Jug responded sarcastically.
"When does you being a Serpent end?"
"Archie," I warned looking at my younger brother as Jughead shrugged.
"I really don't know, Archie. I'm kind of jusy living minute to minute here. All right?"
"You know I had this stupid idea," Archie began after a moment in silence.
Most of them are stupid, Archie.
"I had this dream that instead of college we would both move to New York. You, this writer. I'd be this musician,"
Wow.
"We could live in like the East Village or something, just doing our thing."
"Pretty sure the East Village doesn't exist anymore," Jughead smiled at him sadly. "Where are Betty and Veronica in this scenario?"
"Roommates on Park Avenue," Archie gave a small smile and my heart broke inside. "Madison has an apartment next to theirs, and she cooks for them like every day,"
A small chuckle slipped from my lips as I thought of how much easier life could be.
"No, but seriously, Jughead. You stay on this path, you're gonna end up in jail. Or maybe worse than jail, honestly."
Archie you literally have no idea what it's like to do what we do. Stop that shit. I could hear the tire blow and the truck began to skid.
Fuck.
"Of course we don't have a spare," I ran my hands up and down my face. "Fuck."
"Lemme Call Betty-"
"The fuck you think you're doing? Getting he involved? Absolutely not," I shook my head at the two boys.
"Call Kevin. He has a truck."
Not moments later, a truck appeared. A tall, dark skinned man stepped out and was perplexed by our situation.
"What's in the box?" He asked.
Archie gulped slowly, before looking at the man. "Pancake mix."