Chapter 13: Just give me a reason

Hey guys! I hope you liked this chapter and the last one! Part two of bittersweet love! Stay afterwards for a few of my future works below! Thanks to @olive_kabob for the idea of this chapter!

Bittersweet love part 2

DISCLAIMER: I OWN NO LYRICS OR CHARACTERS FROM PJO/HOO!

Song choice: Just give me a reason by Pink

Reyna’s POV

Rain hitting up against my window is the perfect lullaby. I quickly fell asleep, my dream coming to life.

Leo and I were walking to a secret location I couldn’t see because I was blind folded. “Leo! Can you tell me where we are now? I’m tired of wearing this!” I whined. Leo chuckled at my impatience. “Yes you can.”  I slowly took off my blindfold to reveal a beautiful lakeside picnic. I stared at the sight before me with so much awe and appreciation. I looked over at him and he just smiled, a smile filled with so much love and care. I loved him. A lot.

Right from the start

You were a thief, you stole my heart

And I, your willing victim

I let you see the parts of me that weren’t even pretty

And with every touch you fixed them

We spent the entire time looking at the sunset fade away and stars come out. We talked for hours until we were tired. We lay down on the ground, our bodies close together. I couldn’t sleep so I walked to the edge of the lake and played with the cool blue water. I saw someone behind me through the reflection of the lake. “Leo? What are you doing up?” I asked. “What are you doing up?” He repeated my question. “I couldn’t sleep.” I answered. “Well I can’t sleep knowing you’re not next to me, could you please come back to bed? I promise I will be there to protect you from whatever it is you’re afraid of.” He stated sleepily. I smiled at his statement. “Okay I’m coming.” I said as I got up from the lakeside and climbed the hill. I sat next to a sleeping Leo and looked at the sight in front of me. I couldn’t take it in for long, Leo started talking in his sleep. I chuckled at some of the things he said and snuggled up next to him, but then I realized Leo almost never talked in his sleep, but I shook the thought away and tried to go to sleep.

Now you’ve been talking in your sleep, oh, oh

Things you never say to me, oh, oh

Tell me you’ve had enough

Of our love, our love

I woke up in a cold sweat. I looked next to me and I couldn’t find him anywhere. I got up and searched the area for him. He was probably sleep walking since he was talking in his sleep. This stuff never happens. It concerned me.

Just give me a reason

Just a little bit’s enough

Just a second we’re not broken just bent

And we can learn to love again

It’s in the stars

It’s been written in the scars on our hearts

We’re not broken just bent

And we can learn to love again

I finally found him. He sat down on a table and looked around like he was waiting for someone. I quickly became suspicious of the scenario, I quickly ducked behind a group of bushes when I heard someone approaching me. The sound of breaking branches in the distance kept me relieved for about a minute before I realized they were motioning toward Leo, and I quickly became terrified again. Not for me, but for Leo. I peeked up from the bush to find a girl with auburn hair standing in front of Leo. “Calypso?” I said quietly to myself. Questions quickly filled my head for reasons on why she is here. Calypso and Leo share a few words, too quiet for me to hear. Then they kissed. They kissed? Leo promised me she wasn’t going to be an issue.