Chapter 9: Legendary Lovers

Here’s chapter 9 y’all! I think I’ll have feels but I doubt it.

DISCLAIMER: I DON’T OWN ANYTHING FROM PJO/HOO OR ANY SONG LYRICS USED BELOW!!!!!!!

Song choice: Legendary Lovers by Katy Perry

Reyna’s POV

Well, my life has changed a lot since Leo came around. I don’t really mind the whole death thing, that happens to every demigod at some point and I hate it, but it’s just how life works. I’m really happy that Leo and his anger issues have stopped, thanks to me. I got him into sword fighting, and I’m happy that I keep beating him. But one time surprised when Leo beat me and pinned me to the ground.

Under a silver moon, tropical temperature

I feel my lotus bloom, come closer

I want your energy, I want your aura

You are my destiny, my mantra

“Wow, that’s great. You finally beat the master.” I say, out of breath. Leo just laughed. “Well, you knew this was gonna happen, didn’t you?” “Yeah. But you forgot something I taught you.” I say slowly reaching for my sword. “Oh really?” “Yep.” “And what’s that?” “Never let your guard down, Fire Boy.” I say, pinning him to the ground with a smile on my face. Leo looked dumbfounded. “Man, I hate when that happens.” Leo said disappointed. I laughed and kissed him. “You did a good job so far.” I say honestly. “I guess.” “Leo, stop doubting yourself.” I say as I help him off of the floor in the gym. “How can I when I’m fighting against the camp’s best sword fighter?” “Oh, stop being modest.” I say sarcastically. Leo smiles. “Race you back to camp?” “You’re on, Fire Boy.” I say, running ahead of Leo. “Hey, no fair!” Leo yells.

Never knew I could see something so clearly looking through my third eye

Never knew karma could be so rewarding and bring me to your life

After dinner, everyone traveled to Camp Half-Blood for a game of Capture the Flag. Chiron explained the rules of the game and split us into teams, the teams were surprises to everyone.

Leo+Reyna, Percy+Annabeth, Thalia+Luke, Frank+Hazel

Jason+Piper, Travis+Katie, Nico+Rachel, Beckendorf+Silena

Chiron paired the teams as couples. Everyone else was on teams for the next two rounds. “I hope you love birds don’t get distracted out there.” Chiron said, winking. “Off you go.” He said, sending us off to our positions.

Maybe this is the beginning of something magical, tonight

Take me down to the river

Underneath the blood orange sun

Say my name like a scripture

Keep my heart beating like a drum

Our team made a plan that Leo and I stay and guard the flag, while everyone else distracted the others and made their way to the flag. We waited a while, and no one showed up. Wow this is boring, I thought to myself. Leo and I talked for a while until we heard a noise from ahead of us.

Legendary lovers, we could be

Legendary

Legendary lovers, we should be

Legendary

“Jason I’m not doing this!” A voice screamed. “Piper bare with me here. I need revenge on Leo.” Jason said. Leo looked like he-talkin’-to-me? Oh-he-did-not-just-go-there! I just laughed quietly. “No you don’t Jason! Gods, he was right! Everything he said to you that day was true. You shouldn’t have said that stuff about Reyna in the first place! Leo is my friend. He might not be your friend anymore but I will not go there with you. We’re done.” Piper says and walks away. Jason walks in the other direction, mumbling to himself. Then I heard something behind us. It was too late to say anything before I was knocked unconscious.