Chapter 9

Awkward silence filled the room as Geno sat perfectly still, examining his son from head to toe before his gaze softened as he saw the younger fidget uncomfortably.

"I'm sorry," Geno muttered, and Goth nodded. "I-it's just, I haven't seen you in so long!" Geno burst out, "and you've gotten so big!" He added.

Goth smiled, a genuine smile as he tried to clean up his house though his efforts were futile as he delivered his father a cup of tea.

"Where have you been?" Goth inquired, tone almost pleading as if he was scared of the answer.

"Hell." Geno shrugged, taking a sip of the tea as if it was normal. "With your father."

"Hell?" Goth's forehead creased in confusion, before turning around to inspect the taller suspiciously.

"Yes, I am your real father." Geno answered and the younger opened his mouth to protest. "I knew what you were going to say and ask, I'm also not delusional. Thank you very much."

"Your father is Satan, death, the grim reaper. Whatever you call him."

"You gotta be fucking kidding."

"Not at all."

By the time Geno had thoroughly convinced Goth that he was indeed real, not delusional, and could use magic despite his unhealthy state, the sun had already set.

"Well, I must go back before your father comes and gets-"

"Helloooooo Geno!"

***

Palette paused in the middle of the street before continuing to walk, he was debating on whether he should return to Goth's house or not and beg for a place to stay. His pride could be put on hold. He pursed his lips, debating whether he should or not.

Before his feet led him back to the dirt trail leading to the house just on the outskirts of town, dotted by echo flowers and the unwavering sound of a waterfall in the distance.

By the time he had gotten to the house, it looked the same. Dainty and colorful, yet cold and unwelcoming before he bit his tongue and knocked before being greeted by a man who strangely resembled Goth.

"We don't want your Girl Scout cookies-"

"I want to talk to Goth." And the mans grin fell and his eyes narrowed.

"So you're the one..."

-
Bad ending but I gtg to camp tmrw so I won't be on this weekend