Chapter 5

Chapter 05

When we got back to our apartment, I was too mad at Chris to say anything to him so I just walked into my room and sank into my bed. I stared at the ceiling as memories of the evening replayed in my head.

Chris had really outdone himself. What the hell was he thinking, picking that fight? I know the man was an asshole but he obviously provoked him first.

Never in my life had I felt so useless.

I felt so pathetic; so weak. I felt like a helpless little girl when the bastard pushed me to the floor and I simply couldn't do anything. And to top it all off, that was when Dean intervened and hit him like he was some sort of savior to me, like I couldn't defend myself, like I was some helpless little piece of dog shit and he was my superman there to sweep me off my fucking feet.

Oh please.

I could have handled that motherfucker all on my own.

That was when my conscience hit me.

Dean wasn't trying to make me feel helpless or anything, he was just trying to help and I shoved it up his ass. He was even trying to help Chris and I made him feel like shit. And to top it all off, I left him in the middle of the huge mess Chris had made in the first place, with the angry man with a bloody nose. I spoke to him so rudely. I was just so angry at the moment.

Maybe Dean was right, maybe I am ungrateful.

"Ugh!" I groaned frustratedly into my pillow. "I am such a bitch." The words came out muffled.

* * * *

I woke up to the sound of my blaring alarm clock. I groaned as I got up, running a hand through my hair. I made my way into the bathroom, picked up a rubber band and tied my hair up in a messy bun. I brushed my teeth and stripped out of my clothes. I stepped under the shower and turned it on, feeling the warm water run down my back.

When I was done dressing up, I threw my books into my bag. I looked for my purse all over my room but couldn't find it.

"Well, fuck." I muttered, running a hand through my blonde hair.

I left my purse at that bar yesterday. It had my phone, my student ID, my credit card, my house keys, my driver's license and most of my important shit.

I let out a frustrated sound when I hung my bag over my shoulder and walked out of my room, closing the door behind me.

Seeing that I was already too late to worry about that, I made a mental note to swing by the bar after school. I hoped it was still there.

I walked into the kitchen to grab a granola bar and a juice box from the fridge. Once done, I made my way to the front door when I heard Chris speak;

"Hey, Grace?"

I turned back, "Yes?"

"Can we talk?" He asked.

"I've got class." I simply said.

My hand was already on the doorknob when he said, "I'm sorry G, I just don't wanna fight with you."