Chapter 4

Chapter 04

Chris had already stepped into the bar before I did. My eyes wandered around, taking in my environment as I followed Chris slowly, walking over to the barstools near the counter.

A thick smell of alcohol, sweat and cologne encompassed the place. Scattered everywhere were scantily clothed skinny bartenders who paced around the several tables and booths.

Chris sat on a barstool and I took a seat on the one beside him, leaning on the counter. A bartender popped her head out of the counter with a bottle of vodka in her hand.

She flashed a quick smile, "What can I get you guys?"

"Just a beer." I answered her.

Her eyes drifted to Chris, "What about you, handsome?"

"Same." He said to her, referring to my order.

"Okayyy." She dragged on the word as she had her back to us, taking out two bottles of beer from the top cabinet in the shelves.

She handed a bottle to me and one to Chris, after taking the cap off with a bottle opener. I gave her a curt nod as a form of gratitude and drank from it, taking in the bitter aftertaste.

"So, you guys from around here?" She asked, placing her elbows on the counter and leaning on it, which fully exposed her cleavage and the fullness of her breasts.

Chris knew I wouldn't reply her so he said, "No, not really. We just moved down here not too long ago."

"Why?" She questioned, taking out two different bottles of alcohol and began concocting something.

"We go to Stanford." He answered her question.

"Ah, impressive." She said with a smile. "You-"

She couldn't finish her statement when she was cut off by the sound of shattering glass. Our heads drifted to where the noise had come from to see two guys in an argument. It was obvious that they were both wasted. I stared at them for a moment before I drank from my beer and went back to minding my own business.

"Ugh, I hope I don't have to clean that up or those two don't have a fight here." The bartender said, mostly to herself.

I didn't know why, but I chuckled, "Those two are wasted shitless, it might be nice to see two guys beat each other up."

She threw her head back in laughter and shrugged, "It's a normal thing around here."

"Figured." I bit on my lip.

"I'm Tiffany by the way, what's your name?" She asked, directing her question at me and my best friend.

"Christian." Chris replied. "She's my best friend, Grace."

"I see." She smiled. "Nice to meet you guys."

Tiffany had jet black hair with dark blue highlights in it and her eyes were too big for her face. She was wearing a pink and black crop top with a pair of black bum shorts. She had the perfect model figure, she was skinny with full breasts and curves in the right places. She was wearing too much eye makeup and her fake lashes looked like she was accommodating spider webs on her real ones.

She was pretty either way.

"You too." Chris said to her.

She was about to say something when she was cut off;

"Hey! Where the fuck is this bartender?!" The voice was masculine and laced with rudeness.

I scowled at the guy.

"Duty calls." She smiled and walked over to the other people waiting for their drinks to be served.

My eyes followed her to a big muscular guy and I watched her talk to the guy as she served him his drink. He held her hand in place and traced his hand up her bare skin. I saw as she shifted uncomfortably in his hands and he just pulled her closer, dipping his hand into her shirt. She swatted his hand away irritatedly and he let out a bitter laugh as he slapped her bum.