"Well, I'm gonna go play another round of pool." Louis says. Liam looks over at Eliza, catching her staring at him. I watch as a smirk crawls across his face. He quickly glances at me and I shake my head smiling.

"Eliza, you wanna join?" he says loudly over the music, reaching out for her hand. Eliza's eyes widen and she looks at Lydia.

"Is it okay if I-"

"Go." Lydia laughs, waving her friend off. Niall and Louis walk away with Liam and Eliza joining them, leaving Lydia and I at the bar.

I look down at her finished drink. "You want another? I'll pay." I tell her, motioning to her glass. I needed to get her drunk. Who knows what kind of information she'll leak when she's not in her right mind. She looks up at me and smiles slowly. Her eyes scrunch and her teeth start showing.

"You know what, yes please." she laughs. I raise my brows and nod, asking Sam to refill her glass. My eyes widen in shock as she takes a huge swig of the drink. She puts the glass on the table and turns to look at me.

"I really thought you weren't gonna come tonight. I felt stupid for texting you." she says, still looking into my eyes. I tilt my head and laugh. I could tell the alcohol was starting to hit her.

"I gave you my number for a reason, Lydia." I tell her. She sighs and looks up at the pool table where Eliza and my friends were.

"You want to join them?" I ask her. Her head snaps back to me.

"Oh no no. I'm fine here." She smiles at me. "I just hope she doesn't do anything stupid." she sighs.

I chuckle softly at her comment. "Don't worry about them. She's in good hands with Liam. I promise." she looks at me and nods, taking another big swig of her drink. I watch her intently as she does so. She laughs as she puts the glass back down.

"I haven't gotten drunk in so long." she giggles and runs her hands through her hair.

"Are you drunk?" I tilt my head, smirking slightly. She tilts her head, looking at the floor and then back at me.

"I don't know, maybe a little." She says giggling even more. This was a brand new side to Lydia that I'd never thought I'd see. It was cute.

She looks off onto the dance floor, filled with people dancing to the loud, upbeat music. She turns her head back towards me and smirks.

"What?" I laugh. She stands up from her seat and grabs onto my hand.

"Put your drink down." she says.

I shoot her a questioning look as I put my whiskey down on the counter behind me.

"Dance with me, Styles." she says, already pulling me to the dance floor.

My eyes widen and I shake my head. "I don't dance, Lydia." I say.

"Me neither." she laughs. "We'll do it together."

I'm too sober for this.

She holds my ring finger and little finger in her small hand as she pushes through the crowd, pulling me along. She stops and lets my fingers go and turns around to face me. I had just now noticed how significantly shorter than me she was. I had at least 5 inches on this girl, and she was in heels. She looks up at me as I look down. She smiles widely and her eyes scrunch up again. 30 minutes ago she was the same, quiet girl I met in the alley. Now she was this confident, vibrant butterfly. I felt myself smiling as she began to sway her hips, still looking at me.

"You are something else." I tell her.

Lydia White

11 pm

I don't know what came over me on that dance floor. But I didn't hate it. I felt confident and brave. I swayed my hips and ran my fingers through my hair, all while looking at Harry.

He looked so good. His curls sat perfectly on his head. The sleeves of his black shirt hugged his biceps tightly. He was a sight...to say the least.

Feeling a wave of bravery, I turned around so that my back was toward him and I slowly started moving my hips back and forth on his front. He groans.

"Lydia-" I turn around and put a finger against his lips, shushing him.

"Dance with me." I whisper. If I hadn't been drinking, I would never act this way. Especially not towards a boy that I've seen twice before in my life. But I didn't care about that in this moment.

Our eyes meet and he smirks, revealing his beautiful dimple which I've grown so fond of. He lets out a little laugh as he puts his hand on my hips. Our faces were inches apart. At this very moment in time, it felt like no one else was in the room.

I took in the scent of his cologne which intoxicated me in a whole new way. He took one hand off my hip and ran his fingers through my hair and looked down at me.

"What are you doing to me?" he whispered.

-

i'm updating asap because the next chapter is a continuation of this night. hope y'all enjoyed. things are gettin' a little hot and heavy over here.