I looked up quickly, pushing my hair out of my face. I got back to my feet.

"Virgil!" I yelled again. He looked up this time, his eyes widening as he saw me. "Virgil come here!" I yelled, grabbing onto the hedge.

His eyes we're back to normal, they weren't solid black now. He looked both terrified and completely devoid of emotions at the same time.

"It's not the real Logan." Hissed the voice. "The real Logan wouldn't want you around. He thinks of you as a defeatist." I lowered my gaze when the voice said the last part.

"Virgil, don't listen to the voice!" I tried to tell him. I pushed forwards into the wind again, this time more prepared.

I grimaced as one of the wisps of energy smacked against my arm. It burned against my skin. I took a few more steps forwards. Virgil was watching me, but otherwise hadn't moved.

"Virgil please!" I begged him. "Come here!"

I raised my hand up, trying to divert the wind away from my face. I slowly walked forwards, only two feet or so from Virgil now. I reached my other hand out to him.

"Grab my hand Virgil!" He stared at my hand for a bit, seeming to have some sort of internal combat.

"Don't listen to him." Hissed the voice. "You belong here. Give into me Virgil. I've always been a part of you. Give into Depression."

"Don't listen to the voice Virgil." I told him. "It's not real. It's all in your head." I took a few steps closer, only a foot from him now.

"They don't want you with them anymore." The voice told him. "You're a dark side and nothing more. You don't belong with the light sides."

"Yes you do Virgil. You've always been a part of the light sides. You're not a dark side anymore. It's in the past." I said, trying to contradict the voice.

"Give into me Virgil." Growled the voice.

"Don't listen to it Virgil. You're strong. You can't fight this." I said, taking another step forward. Now I could reach him.

I grabbed his shoulders and pulled myself to him. I looked in his eyes, looking for any sign that Virgil was there.

"We need you Virgil. Don't give into Depression. You can fight him." I told him.

"I can't." He whispered, looking away from me. "You don't need me anymore."

"Yes we do!" I argued. "Listen to me Virgil, we do need you. You are just as important as the rest of us. Your past does not define you."

"Yes it does." He argued back.

"You are not the bad guy Virgil!" I told him. "You are not hurting Thomas by existing. Do not give into Depression."

I pulled him into a tight hug. I stood up and held him in my arms. The winds picked up again, getting even stronger now.

I headed towards the opening back into the maze. Virgil had buried his face into my shoulder and was digging his fingers into my shirt. I realized now how much he was shaking.

"No! Don't go!" Screeched the voice. "You belong to me Virgil! You can't escape me!"

"Falsehood!" I screeched back at the voice. "You are nothing more than a figment of his imagination! You are not real!"

"He's lying to you Virgil!" The voice tried to tell him.

"No..." Virgil whispered. "They care about me." With that, the winds started to die down.