Chapter Five

Kate Andrews

"Kate!" A soft voice called out for me as I walked down the hall from Miss Janes' room. I tugged at my backpack straps and turned my head around slightly, spotting sam as she walked towards me, a bit of an extra pep in her step.
I smiled wide "Hey, Sam. What are you doing here?" I paused and turned to face her, waiting for her to catch up.
" I had detention..." She shrugged.
" Really?" I furrowed my brows. That didn't seem like her at all.
She smirked and shook her head "no.." she giggled "I'm the president of the school newspaper..so I was working on filling some of the positions for this year." She reached and pushed my shoulder gently. "you're the trouble maker, not me" she smirked.
I chuckled "oh... " I looked down and slid my foot across the tiles "that makes more sense.." I smirked.
She smiled softly as she watched me for a moment.
"What are you doing now?" She asked as she chewed her plump lip gingerly.
"I have to go to work, unfortunately..." I shrugged.
She shifted on her feet "do you still work at your brother's shop?"
" Ya, how'd you know that? " I chuckled as I furrowed my brows " are you stalking me?"
She blushed softly and shook her head
"No" she rolled her eyes playfully "... I saw you there over the summer... I was at the coffee shop across the street." She shrugged nonchalantly. I couldn't help but to smile. She was really cute, and ridiculously nice. She had a tendency to blend into the crowd. Remain unnoticed. I had a feeling she liked it that way though. She would have much rather watch a party, than participate.
"You should have come over and said hi..." I smiled.
She shrugged shyly, shifting from one foot to the other
"Well ..maybe I will next time." She glanced up into my eyes, continuing to chew her lip softly again as she waited to see if I was interested. I'd never noticed how soft her lips looked before that moment. They looked like they would feel good on my... Oof. Careful Kate. I went to answer but my gaze was suddenly drawn away quickly, as Miss Janes stepped into the hallway with her bag tossed carelessly over one shoulder. Her arms were full of folders, stacked neatly against her forearm. She turned back to lock her door, causing her skirt to fluff out slightly as she spun. Her hair fell down over her shoulders, tickling the soft and tanned skin. Her legs looked so fucking hot as she stood in those heels. Sweet lord... That woman was a goddess.
"I umm..." I mumbled quietly "I would like that" I swallowed and looked back down at Sam who had a smile stretching from ear to ear. I glanced back over as Miss Janes walked towards us, fumbling with her papers, she smiled softly as her eyes caught mine. I smiled back dumbly, but quickly shifted the smile to a sly smirk. She grinned slightly and shook her head as her eyes rolled just barely.
"Great... Then.. maybe I'll come by tonight.. and we can hang out when you get off?" Sam's voice lifted, hope hanging in the air.
Miss Janes glanced at Sam as she spoke. Her brows furrowed slightly, like she was listening to our conversation, then she quickly looked away and passed us by. I tried to catch her gaze one last time, but she kept her eyes forward.
I, however, couldn't peel my eyes away from her as she passed. Going so far as to turn my head to watch her walk. She was so unbelievably stunning. She walked so confidently. And her ass...my god her ass could... Stop it Kate.
"Kate?"
"Hm? What?" I looked back at Sam "oh..yes.. ya, that will be fun." I smiled charmingly. She looked worried, but her eyes softened as I responded finally.
"Great... I'll stop in at around 7 then?"
"Perfect" I grinned.

I tossed the rag in my hands down on a work bench, then absentmindedly wiped my hands down the front of my coveralls. The car grease smeered across the front of my hips.
"So, when are you leaving?" Kevin asked as he walked over towards me and looked at the clipboard beside me. I picked it up to scribble a few notes down.
"Umm..." I finished writing and looked up at him as I clicked the pen shut "I mean...I don't need to leave at any time specifically" I shrugged "I was just letting you know my friend is stopping by and when I'm finished here we're going to hang out back at the house."
He nodded as he grabbed the clipboard from my hands.
" Which friend? Hannah? Or...." He smirked devilishly "Miss Janes perhaps?" He glanced down at the clipboard, reading through my notes and his notes from before.
I laughed and rolled my eyes "She isn't a friend..she's my teacher."
He chuckled to himself then his face shifted to worry and he looked over at me quickly "it isn't Alex is it?"
I scoffed "no.. it's not. Her name is Sam. You don't know her."
" Oh..." He nodded and handed the clipboard back to me. I grabbed it and smirked. "Good... Because she's the worst. Is Sam nice?"
I rolled my eyes "she isn't that bad. And yes she's nice that's why I'm hanging out with her." I shrugged.
" Well.. just be safe. Use protection" He smirked at me as I started walking back to the office.
I rolled my eyes. "We're just friends."