Chapter Four

Kate Andrews

Kevin was sipping his coffee as I rounded the corner the next morning. He watched me closely as I walked to the refrigerator and grabbed an energy drink. He scowled slightly and made a soft sound of disapproval.

"How do you drink those at 7am?" He laughed and sipped his coffee again.

I chuckled and popped the can open, bringing it swiftly to my lips before I responded.

"It's the only thing that gets me through the day..." I smirked and wiped my mouth as I reached for a banana from the counter and walked to my backpack.

"So..." He smirked.

I furrowed my brows "so..what?"

"Miss Janes..." He smirked wider and watched me closely.

"Shut up..." I laughed and shook my head.

"She's very pretty... seems sweet."

"Ya she's super sweet. Gave my an hour detention on the first day of school and three days of lunch and after school detention this week."

"You probably deserved it..."

" Ya... probably..."

He chuckled and shook his head again.

"Alright I am off to work. See you after school?"

I nodded my head and finished my energy drink, then I crushed the can and tossed it into the recycling as he slipped out of the house.

I jogged down the hall towards Miss Janes' classroom. The bell rang out loudly just as I reached the door. Her hand was resting on the door knob, ready to pull the door shut as I slipped past her, a thick smirk sat on my lips.
I caught her gaze briefly as I passed her. She smiled softly.

"So good of you to show up on time, Miss Andrews... Sort of"

"Trying to make a good first impression..."

I grinned and walked to my desk to sit down.
She couldn't seem to keep from letting out a chuckle as she rolled her eyes.

"Your first impression was yesterday and it wasn't good..."

"First impression for today.." I grinned wide and collapsed into the desk. She rolled her eyes again.

"Alright, class.. " she started going through the lesson for the day.

Her hands moved swiftly as she spoke. Her voice was soft, but certain. She looked so smart standing up there, not to mention sexy as hell.

My eyes slipped down her frame as I put my bag down and twirled a pencil in my hand carelessly. She glanced at me as she spoke, holding my gaze for what seemed like forever before she looked away. God, her eyes were stunning. I'm sure she was aware of the fact that I was checking her out. I wasn't exactly being shy about it. It wasn't that I was trying to be gross, but she really was gorgeous. It was honestly almost unbelievable. I was trying to listen to her words, but I was mostly just staring at those perfect lips of hers. Uh, man...what I wouldn't give to press my lips against them...