Chapter 420:All My Fault...

Continuing the dream

Selozar and Granite ran, the guardians seemingly not caring about Selozar. They were attacking other things. "Hey! Selozar!" Granite yells as she runs, dodging the attacks thrown at her while panting and wheezing, "Why do these things look so much like you?"

"I don't know!" Selozar yelled back, continuing to run. The guardians barely even touched him, rather left him alone. Suddenly a message came over the district speakers.

"EVERY GUARD AND PRISONER OF WAR, YOU ARE DEMANDED TO REPORT TO ÄEZORE'S PALACE TO PROTECT HIM AND EIZATAR, IF NOT YOU SHALL BE PUNISHED."

It was Foxicate. Of course. "Should we go?" Selozar asked, looking at Granite. "Hell no! This place is going to be in crumbles either way, I'd rather die fighting for my own life then fighting for an emperor who didn't give a damn about anything but himself!"

Granite kept running, and Selozar agreed. Maybe if he did this, he'd be freed in the future! Have a happy life, and meet Albert, and Uleanra, and be... peaceful. Selozar kept running, and dodging everything that was on the ground. As he ran, he saw the destruction, the place was over run, and Alone had too much power under his name. Selozar stopped, and saw a young kid, probably eight, have his leg stuck under a large pillar, his mother's body next to him, her head crushed beneath the rock. The kid was crying out for help, Selozar was tempted to walk over, but that'd decrease his chance of survival.

But then, the kid spotted Selozar. "Please! Help me! Mommy isn't moving, and we're stuck!" The kid pleaded, screams echoed in the distance as Selozar made direct eye contact with the kid. "Please..." The kid cried, "It hurts..."

Selozar began to back away, he wanted to help, why wasn't he? He turned around, and began to run again. A moment later, a loud screech was heard from behind him, the cry for help from the kid as he was slowly being crushed to death by one of those dead beasts. Eventually, the crying stopped, and a loud crunch was heard.

He could have saved that kid.

Why didn't he?! He had the amount of time, and the things didn't seem to hostile to him, so why let a young kid like that die? He had no time to question, running and catching up with Granite.

Screams and cries, everywhere, as the two fled off to a place far, far away from the districts. Selozar had no idea where the knowledge of this place came from, but it was there. Some people followed the two, but easily got killed by the monsters. It was a cave, a small one, but one big enough to stay for a few nights. The two began to run to it, but suddenly an avalanche covered the both before they could make it.

The rocks fell down, pilling up on the two, leaving a small space for the both of them.

Selozar was unharmed, but both of Granite's legs were trapped under the rock, she cried out in pain. "Ah, fuck... I can't... I can't move!" She cried out, nobody would be able to hear them. Selozar tried to get the rock off of her, but it was to heavy.

The rocks trapping them began to shake, and crumble. "Selozar, I won't make it out of here, my legs are already crushed. I'd be to much for you to carry me, leave me here." Granite begged. "No! I just mentally met you, but I have to get you out of here, what if... what if Alone dies? Who could I talk too?"

"Please..."

Selozar backed up, "Please, just tell me your name..."

She sighed, "It's Granabeylia... happy?" "That name isn't so strange, why would you keep it from me?"

"It's a common name in my district... until, well, you know. Äezōre kind of murdered everyone, sparing me and a few others as long as we promised to serve under his name for the rest of his life." She explained, "But I'm one of the only ones left from my district, nobody wears clothes, and I refuse to give up my culture..." Selozar nodded.