twenty five.

Most of all I am thankful
You are just what I prayed for
You are what I was made for
Yes, I'm for sure
Most of all I just want to mean the most to you
Most of all, baby, I'm just tryna grow with you
I just wanna go with you
'Cause you bring so much hope to the picture
| Jhené Aiko - New Balance

Most of all I am thankfulYou are just what I prayed forYou are what I was made forYes, I'm for sureMost of all I just want to mean the most to youMost of all, baby, I'm just tryna grow with youI just wanna go with you'Cause you bring so much hope ...

"Oh, I wanna dance with somebodyI wanna feel the heat with somebodyYeah, I wanna dance with somebodyWith somebody who loves me"

I wanna feel the heat with somebody
Yeah, I wanna dance with somebody
With somebody who loves me"

The sound of Whitney Houston's voice blaring throughout the small home caused a young Remi to pop out of  bed and rub her eyes. The sun was still up, which must have meant that she fell asleep on the car ride home from school and her mother carried her up to her bed. With a yawn, Remi rolled off of the bed and took a big whiff of the air—the aroma of shrimp filling her nostrils which made her mouth water.

Remi let her little legs travel down the stairs and towards the living room. She stayed behind a wall, peeking into the kitchen where her grandfather sat at the table cutting up a mango and her mother twirled around happily, singing at the top of her lungs. Kimberly may have not been a Whitney Houston, but she did have a beautiful voice that many people loved to hear, especially Remi.

Before Kimberly left to work, she'd always slip into the room and sing Remi the lyrics to 'You Are My Sunshine,' until she fell asleep. It was Remi's favorite song, only because she loved the way her mother's voice carried the tune.

"Look whose up!" Elliot grinned at the sight of his granddaughter, "Did you enjoy your nap?"

With a sneaky smirk, Remi nodded and skipped into the kitchen. Immediately, she took the seat next to her grandfather and began to eat the slivers of mango that he was putting onto a plate. Mango was her favorite fruit thanks to the abundance her grandfather always had available in the home.

"You makin' scampi mommy?" Remi looked over at her mother who was stirring things around in a pot.

"That's your favorite, isn't it?" Kimberly grinned, clapping her hands as she moved to the beat of the sound, "Don't eat too much of that fruit, because I don't want it to spoil your appetite."