seventeen.

I'd like to apologize
I'm tryna make amends
Forgive me, father
I'm only human
That wasn't who I am
Those were my demons
| DJ Khaled - Forgive Me Father

I'd like to apologizeI'm tryna make amendsForgive me, fatherI'm only humanThat wasn't who I amThose were my demons| DJ Khaled - Forgive Me Father

Omari had walked down the stairs of his parent's home, his heart beating rapidly with every step he took

Omari had walked down the stairs of his parent's home, his heart beating rapidly with every step he took. He felt as if he was in a trance, moving mindlessly. He couldn't hear anything, or focus on much as he walked. Instead, he was simply there.

When he had finally made it to the bottom of the stairs, there stood his aunt. She was clad in a simple outfit—a black turtle neck, black jeans, and a red leather jacket to give her some color and warmth. She sported a pair of black booties on her feet, something that provided both comfort and style. It was something that was right up her style alley.

Magenta Thompson—who had went by the nickname Maggie since she was seven because she had despised her name—was a beautiful woman. She had long hair that was always split into two braids that framed her oval shaped face. Her cinnamon colored skin was always radiating, with or without makeup. Much like her older sister, Rosalyn, Maggie had a golden heart that was sometimes a blessing and a curse. She was a true woman of her word, and everyone who knew her, knew that.

"Wow," was the first thing that had slipped from out of Maggie's mouth as she looked over at her nephew.

Omari wasn't sure what to say her, in fact he couldn't believe that he was standing in front of her. While she still looked the same, it was evident that Omari had changed. From the long blonde curls, to a bushy beard, and bigger build on his body. It was much different from the weak boy she had last seen before he left to Louisiana. He seemed healthy though, and she was more than thankful for that.

It was silent again, and Omari was sure the entire house was staring at them as they stared back and forth at one another. Maggie had tears burning in her eyes as she stared over at Omari, trying her hardest to pull herself together.

"I never realized how much you and Tristian looked alike," Maggie spoke lowly, her voice barely audible. When she said that, it made Omari swallow a lump that had formed in his throat instantly.