Breaking him down

I rushed quickly back towards where Dark and I's room is until I felt my face crashing into my door as soon as it's opened from the inside.

The opened door slams into my face and I let out a pained, "owww" until the person who opened it, Robin, notices me and grows worried. "Oh no, Pit!" Robin pulls the door back away from me and holds onto his book as I place my hand on the sore cheek on the side of my face that hurts. "Oh god, Pit I am so sorry!" Robin apologizes, but I shake my head and try to reason with him. "No, no, it's okay. It was an accident." I assure Robin and try to enter my room as quickly and quietly as possible.

Eventually, after what felt like 29 more apologies, Robin leaves and I'm finally left alone to enter my room. But that's when I freeze. Someone laughs as I shut the door and I turn quickly in my paranoia. Only to find that the mocking source was none other than my dark clone, Dark. "Dark, you're awake?" I look at him relieved.

I wanted him to be the first I tell. After all, Dark can be pretty smart when it really counts, if anyone can tell me who to trust and/or not trust with anything now it's definitely Dark. "Pff," Dark continued to tease me like last night, "I can't believe Robin hit you with the door!" He began to laugh, but before he could get too smug over it I placed my hands on my hips and smirked. "Oh yeah Robin hit me with the door." Now it was my turn to embarrass him, "Right after he was visiting you, his little angel!" I teased the same way Dark does and at that his face flushed a whole flamingo pink. 

"N-no." Dark protested and let out a small, barely audible, "tch". "Robin was only here to get his book back." Dark mumbles. 

I was about to continue mockingly, about to comment that Dark had the book in his arms while he slept in the first place. But then I remembered I was getting off track! I remembered what happened with Shadow Link, and Red and Blue, and I also remember I never got my cookies- but, um, that's not as important.

"Wait Dark, there's something I needed to tell you..!" I start hesitantly, unsure what to say, but as soon as Dark lets out a curious, "Hm?" Which shows he's interested, there's a knock at the door and I jump in fright. 

What if it's Shadow Link? What if he knows I know and I'm about to tell someone? Before I can think it over too much though, Dark gets up and opens the door. 

"Morning boys!" Lady Palutena enters with a smiling face and even though Dark brings himself to give her a polite, "Hello." I can barely muster up the courage to speak. Now both eyes are on me and I swallow nervously. "Um... Pit?" Lady Palutena gives me a concerned glance and I try to rush back into my usual orderly form. 

"Y-yes Ma'am?" I fake smile, maybe too fake, even Dark is looking at me weird and he usually just makes fun of me when I get nervous. "Okay, know we now there's something wrong." "Yes, you only refer to me as 'Ma'am' when you've done something wrong.." 

A call out!

"I HAVE'NT DONE ANYTHING!" I squirm under their gaze and grab my dark copy by the arm. "Sorry Lady Palutena, but there's something I really have to tell him!!" 

Oh my gods, I'm the worst angel ever!! I talked back TO MY GODDESS aaaaaaaaa— I'm FINISHED!

"Dark, I did something bad. Really bad! And now I think something serious may be going on!" I blurt it all out shortly after shoving him into the bathroom in our room and locking the door. "What? You, bad? Why are you freaking out??" ugH, questions I know the answers to but am too afraid to answer at the moment—! 

Dark stops and orders me to take a breath and calm down, so I do.. except I don't. I MEAN I DID IT BUT I'M NOT ANY CALMER. "Dark, I'm really scared." Tears pool in my eyes and I don't know why I find myself emotionally telling the truth, but I don't wanna keep it in any longer.. 

Wiping my eyes doesn't help either, but at least my sort of brother seems to be listening well. "Shadow Link's.. really been getting under my skin and I just found out he's.. He's blackmailing people here, Dark. I'm really worried, I know we've never been on the best terms he and I and– And I'm just scared he's going to ruin things I have like.. like all of you." My lip trembles a bit as I face the actual mortal fear I've been pushing away that Shadow may actually be coming for all things good in my life next. 

"Dark, he's been hurting some people  for.. what. I don't even know and I.. can't even help them??? And I really want to, but I'm scared.. scared he's gonna hurt the people I care about like you and... and what if he makes ME hurt you guys, I- I don't wanna do anything. I'm not- I'm gonna- What if I-" I don't know what to say, how do I speak my thoughts? I want him to understand how much I care about everyone in case— 

"Oh My god... Pit you paranoid chicken." "H-huh!?" I tense in surprise as Dark grabs hold of me and all I'm surrounded in his embracing hug. Currently battling tears here! 

Dark laughs. "Stop crying." "I'm trying!!" 

I plop my head down on his shoulder and he pats the tufts of hair that stick up off the back of my head. I'm still sniffling as well when my twin lets go and we're facing face to tear-stained face. "Calm down, Idiot. I'm not going anywhere."