You're an idiot

All the guys laughed, besides Dark and I. "Pit... you're an absolute idiot.." Dark looks at me with the most disappointed look and I knew it right there, if he could disown me.. he would. " Hey, I'm not the one who still can't fix his own scarf!" I countered, poking his chest in a teasing manner.

"At least I don't have gross mushy fantasies about hunk's in my bed." My twin sticks his tongue out at me like the child he is and I waver in my stance. Sweet Jesus, that was a low blow! Too bad for Dark though, a wicked smile instantly stretches across my face. "That's only cause you have a thing for twinks and you know it!" I expose him back. The startled, "Wh- Huh!?" From my black haired brother is enough to assure my victory. And knowing I win is also enough to make me ignore Dark's attempts to formulate another sentence and watch as Roy cackles from his spot beside the other two, just watching us. 

Ike seemed uncomfortable with this conversation (which is a little weird seeing as he wasn't part of it) and Marth was trying to keep a princely composure by holding a hand over a laugh that tried to escape the visibility of being on his lips. 

"Now that that's done, let's do some training!" Ike's awkward clap of stiffness was enough to reign us in for now and we all took a moment to spread out before taking in our surroundings before the friendly little fight about to go down. 

A/N: We finna skip all that training like I do to all my real life responsibilities 👉👉

After sparring we were all pretty tired, personally, my knees were weaker than jelly. We also might've gone a little overboard because as Ike walked inside he carried both Marth and Roy, one in each arm, who couldn't walk anymore. "This is why you don't try to counteract a final smash with no plan!" He scolded them both with some pretty good advice but I think they were both too dead on their feet to listen. 

Dark sighed at our friend's ignorance (and the soreness he was probably feeling as well) and I just laughed it off like I normally do, hanging out with my friends can be so... different, yeah, we'll go with that.

"Pit, watch where you're going!" I heard Dark's shout a little too late as I trip over something, falling flat on my face. What fun, tossed to the floor twice in one day! I think sarcastically as I roll myself over with a groan. 

"Pit?" A new, or.. not so new, okay unexpected voice asks from above me. I open my eyes expecting them to be my brother's or something, but instead they were the same crystal blue ones I was met with in my dream. Is this real life?  

"Are you okay?" Oh right. Dream guy at twelve o'clock!

The Hyrulian Hero, Link, stares from above me with this rarely seen concerned expression that makes his pointy ears look slightly less normal than usual. I couldn't respond, I was way too in my head and confused about this whole mess... I was also ache-y, I think I mentioned that— 

I shook my head, but my words wouldn't process. Was he really the guy I've been looking for? 

Link..? 

I'm lifted up off the ground in a bridal style and I look up hoping to see the same blue eyes that bring me this safe feeling feeling of warmth. Instead they're darker, but still kind.. they're Ike's..

"Thanks.. Ike.." I thank him with this little quiver in my tone that just makes me even more uncomfortable than I was before. Also, who knew falling down could be so freaking painful? Ike nodded a bit with this weird look I don't see often, he was being pretty careful not to drop me.

"Is he ok? I am so Sorry!" I heard Link exclaim. I wonder why he was sorry..? "I think he'll be just fine-" Marth tried to reassured him on tired legs, but a now peeved looking Roy stepped up despite his own fatigue with different words to spout. "Watch where you leave your shady shadow next time—!" "Okay, okay, He said sorry, it wasn't even him anyway!" Dark interrupted—

Wow, there are so many interruptions going on..

I heard a laugh behind me and a dark figure that made me feel the opposite of safe and warm loomed over me with these piercing red eyes. "Awww, did the baby bird fall out of the nest? Too bad it can't fly." They mocked, cackling loudly with this wickedly rude laugh afterwards. 

At that moment Ike moves me out of the person's view and I catch the tiniest glimpse of their color-lacking face... Shadow Link.

"DL!" Link scolded his dark counterpart. "Why did you have to trip him? That was terrible!" I heard Shadow Link laugh immediately after that statement, as if he'd just heard the funniest joke in history. "Are you serious? Terrible? You have got to me kidding me.. Oh, come on! It was really funny!"

I felt myself move as Ike walked away, the other's following closely beside him. I could tell both hylians were still arguing, and it was getting really loud. Worryingly loud. 

"We're just gonna go?" I snap to my senses and speak up. I wriggle around and try to break free of Ike's grasp. For a moment though the taller man just held onto me tighter, giving me a cold, hard, glare. I gulp, looking away quickly. Ike's nice, he's my pal, but he's really not someone you want to anger.

"Hey Pit, It's okay. Honestly. Ike just.. doesn't like that Shadow figure." Marth reassures me. Ike's grip sags a bit more at the sound of Marth's voice. 

I've defied enough for today so I nod my head and allow my ride in Ike's embrace to continue. I take the time to finally look down at my clothing that's seems to have taken the brunt of my fall.. My stomach's gone from pure white to being scuffed in dirt. Fantastic. Wow.  

"Man.. my clothes are gonna take forever to clean." I realize out loud. "Well that's what you get for wearing white all the time, you idiot.." Roy points out, walking ahead our group of friends in the hall.