A basket full of Blackmail

I woke up at 8am this morning..

That's nice, not like I needed more than 3 hours of sleep in the past 36 hours of my life, am I right? Apparently so because I'm not as tired as I thought I would be. Go figure.

Anways! After taking a nice, long, soothing, morning shower I dress up in my normal white attire and figure I should see if Dark was awake. Which he isn't, unsurprisingly. But what is surprising is the fact that he's just collapsed onto the couch in our little living space.. he couldn't even make it to his room last night.

You know what? I know I totally saved his ungrateful butt last night, but right now I decided I'd do Dark a sweet little favor and carry him back into his own room. But really it's just because our couch is pretty stiff and I don't want Dark continuously complaining about how sore his back is later in the day.

Well that was until I saw the book held protectively in his arms. And now I can see a bit of two and two adding up.. Okay, so the thing is, I'm not.. 'the best' when it comes to reading.. But I do know for a fact that Dark can read, despite the fact that he claims to hate it. And then I thought about where the heck he could've gotten that book from. I mean it sure wasn't mine, I can't even read the cover! Not to mention how thick the book was.. Dark could hardly sit through reading through a chapter book, but this one seemed to be a whole novel! You may be thinking, 'Pit you're over analyzing this! Where are you even going with this?' .. I'll tell you where I'm going with this, because even if I can't read the cover I do know I've seen this specific book before. This book... Is a tragic romance novel! And, again, not just any tragic romance novel! 

This one belonged to Robin.  [A/N: (¬‿¬)]

Actually now that I think about it, I find this all rather cute. So, now I'm nice enough to lift Dark up off the couch and into his own bed (which is a little difficult seeing as we weigh the same). In all honesty I think Dark may flip if he finds out I caught him with one of Robin's books! Scandalous, am I right? But it's only fair. I'd never dream of exposing my twin like that, but with all the information on me he gained from last night it's nice to know that I now have a nice bit of leverage on him as well.

Now with more confidence, I sneakily snuck out of Dark and I's room and decided that at this time I may just find the others training right now. I could probably join them since I can't really sleep, well that is if I can find anyone.. Today the halls seem pretty quiet actually.. 

Walking past the lounge I did see Donkey Kong talking to Little Mac and Snake while Diddy Kong was perched up on his shoulders, but as far as I'm concerned those are all the people I've seen by far, it makes me wonder where everyone could've gone off to. I decided that since no-one else was around maybe I could just.. sneak into the kitchen and steal desserts out of the pantry..? I mean, I know it's like barely 8:20-something and I've literally eaten nothing for breakfast, but this is such an opportunity! Again, NO-ONE is around. Not even Lady Palutena can stop me if she's not here! 

So obviously, I entered the big kitchen stealthily and silently and froze when I heard what sounded like two or three people enter. I froze, maybe if it was someone who would scold me for eating cookies for breakfast then maybe I could walk out all non-suspiciously. Relieved I watched as the two male Pokémon trainers, Red and Blue, entered mid shouting conversation. I tried to back away now, my cookies long forgotten, but then the argument was so heated it seems they hadn't even noticed me when they entered. "-s Always about you! You, you, you! And I can not believe you'd say that to her!" Blue cried out angrily as Red simply looked at him with an irritated expression, you know cause he.. doesn't talk. Looking away rather sadly, which is strange since he's usually nothing but confident and cocky, Blue lowers his head and his voice shakes with emotion as he speaks. "Look, I know what's been going on and that what he's doing to us probably has you all worked up, but you can't take this out on Leaf and I.. it's.. It's almost like he's driving us apart."

I figured now, if not before, was the best time to leave them to themselves and was about ready to bolt out until in a moment of what looked like pure passion Red grasps Blue close by the waist and embraces him tightly. Blue takes a shaky breath of surprise but before he can say anything Red opens his mouth and hesitates before speaking. "Blue... you know there's nothing more important to me then you. I'll never leave you and Leaf behind so long as I can help it, and you're right, I'm sorry.. It's just all the blackmail from Shadow Link is really getting to me." 

They kiss tenderly and my jaw is agape in shock. Red and Blue are together? Red spoke!? Did he say Shadow Link was Blackmailing them??? What the heck! I slid out of the kitchen so fast I lost my footing as soon as I stepped out into the hall.

"Gods-!" I cried out in shock, nearly about to crash face first into the floor until I fell into someone's chest and my face fell red. Oh dear mercy, I know this chest.. "Link!" I look up and call his name, expecting to see the blonde hero before me, but in his place is none other than his shady dark counterpart. "I-I'm sorry, I meant Shadow Link. Um, sorry again-" "Watch where you're going, baby bird." He spat out the last two words like some kind of insult before pushing me back towards the ground.

I watched him look at back at me before entering the kitchen Red and Blue were still in.

Did he hear them? Did he know I was there? .. I can't help but wonder what he thinks I've got on him, but this all sounds so serious.. I have to tell someone about this.

A/N: ..oh dear.

(Sorry for making this chapter a complete 180 from beginning to end, truthfully I started the beginning weeks ago and was just struck with some inspiration as I decided that the story needs a little more developing. Well thanks for reading guys, love y'all!)