It's your fault

I sat next to my twin in the main cafe area, wearing a pair of khaki cargo shorts and a T-shirt that was way too big on me. So basically, I was feeling like a huge idiot being so underdressed... 

With a sigh of utter despair I over exaggerate to get the attention of my brother beside me as he just sits on and slurps his chocolate milkshake. Dark stops his sipping and nudges me with the drink he'd just bought. "What, Is it that time of the month? Want some?" I look him up and down and although I can tell he's certainly proud of his little jab I give him my best unamused face. "I'm not some girl on her period, Dark. Oh my gods." 

His maliciously intended giggles can be heard as he watched me pout before answering back. "I know, but you deserve it for before!" He lies— Well actually no, he's got a point there.. 

"Okay, fine. I'll give you that. But I'm not interested in your chocolatey handouts, you know I'm personally more of a vanilla guy myself!" We eye each other for a bit before Dark joking huffs and turns away from me. "Well excuse me for trying to be the nice one." 

As if. We both begin to laugh and I start thinking on how much I love that my brother can always bring back my smile when I'm down. It's almost like nothing ever happened in the first place! 

"No thanks, really." I tell him as our laughs come to a stop. "I'm just kind of confused about something is all.." Dark looks at me for a bit, then he simply takes another sip of his milkshake and makes this mischievous reply with a sassy tone,  "Ah, so nothing's changed."

"Shut up, you!" I smack his Shoulder playfully and try to too hide the fact that was actually pretty funny. Before either of us can do anything more though a white-haired book worm by the name of Robin walks up and Dark Pit's face (metaphorically of course) bursts into flames. 

I greet Robin with a casual, "Hey there." And before my brother can do the same he begins to choke on the drink in his hand. Smooth.

"Oh god, are you okay?!" Robin's by Dark's side in an instant. Which does not help seeing as he was currently trying to will his breathe back as the presence of the guy beside immediately takes it away. "I-I'm good..! Honest! " My twin responded a bit shakily, after catching his breath and coughing a few more times.

"I'm really, terribly sorry, I didn't mean to startle you." Robin's face is drenched in worry as his cheeks have turned an obvious shade of pink. "It's.. it's okay." Dark gives him the cheesiest smile I've ever seen come from him as the two continue to obliviously crush on the person in front of them— Wait hold on, Dark's my brother why's he gotta smile at this guy like that when I barely get to see him smile at all! 

The two hopelessly dense lovebirds do some more staring at each other for a minute or two of deep thought before I let out a small, "Ahem." So they know I'm still alive. 

And after the two quit ogling at the other's face it takes another minute of embarrassment to subside before Robin actually gets to what he cane here to tell us. 

"Lucina and I were wondering if either of you'd enjoy going out with some of us tonight. Peach and Samus are coming too, and I sort of didn't want to be the only guy there..." Robin's confession ended with his trademark nervous smile and before Dark can wuss his way out of this one I immediately jump up at this chance. 

"Both Dark and I are free, we'll be there for sure!" I begin to wave Robin off towards where he was before he can say anything else. 

Giving me a harsh glare as he snaps his head to look at me, Dark hisses under his breath. "What are you, crazy!? I can not believe you just did that!"

I give him an innocent smile and shrug my shoulders, "That's what brothers are for dear twin." Dark raises his arm with a scowl and I flinch out of the way, but rather than hit my twin places his hands on his head and his head on the table.

"Someone just kill me." He groans out in despair and I pat his hunched over back like the comforting brother I am. I can't help but feel we should go get ready soon, we have a big evening ahead of us! 

"C'mon Dark, let's get you dressed up pretty for your date tonight~!"

"Shut up!"

4 HOURS LATER 

As I'm pulling a sweater down my torso and adjusting the sleeves I hear a door open and Dark calls my name from outside my bedroom. 

"I'm coming!" I answer enthusiastically as I approach my doorknob. And as I open my door I see–

Link?

Shadow Link? 

What are they doing here??

"Hey guys.." My greeting towards the two at the door trailed off a bit as I caught sight of Link. He had on a normal black tee instead of his usual tunic and cap, and gray skinny jeans. I mean seriously, really, skinny jeans. They seemed to be tightest around his— 

uH um 

oh gods...

"Pit?" It seems Link was calling my name and expecting an answer back. "—uH yes..?" My cheek muscles lose all control and I've got this dopey smile as I try to concentrate on the feeling of my heart (metaphorically) lodged in my throat. 

"We came here to apologize." 

Oh right, we're having a conversation. I can't help it, this guy always makes me nervous! 

Beside my panic I see Link give an apologetic bow, Shadow Link only doing the same after the blonde beside him gives a glare strong enough to slay Ganon himself. My face has also turned a whole new shade of pink, more than I've ever experienced if I'm being honest. This is so embarrassing.. 

"There's.. T-there's no reason for all... this! Let's, Let's just let's bygones be- um, bygones... Alright?" My eats and nose are burning in shame of my fragmented speech, I can feel it. But I guess none of it really matters when all Shadow Link does is give me a dirty look and walk off. 

"Sorry, again." Link gives me a final farewell before dashing off to catch up to his gray-toned inverted copy.