TWO : DADDY DUTIES

Start from the beginning

K-Dot laughed and he finally let Armani go so she could tend to her shop.

"Alright" K-Dot said clapping his hands together, "Let's get you two fed"

Taylor hopped up to a seat at the kitchen table, and K-Dot began to search the kitchen for breakfast food. He wasn't much of a cooker so he left that to Armani, but he was glad that he was kitchen literate enough to make basic meals.

"Aw mamas it looks like we don't have any pancake mix" K-Dot said turning around to his daughter, "You want waffles instead?"

"No" she shook her head and he caved his brows in.
The house phone began to ring, and he answered, next pressing the speaker.

"Yo bro" he said continuing to move around the kitchen, after seeing Ron's name go across the screen.

"Man, when the fuck did kids become so difficult?" Ron asked, "this lil nigga just told me he don't like oatmeal? I love oatmeal"

K-Dot laughed as he searched the cabinets for pancake mix, hoping to come across a box to make his morning easy.

"Looks like we're going through the same thing, Marley left you too huh?"

"She worked an overnight shift, so she's sleeping in"

After coming up short, K-Dot opted for waffles and hoped Taylor didn't reject them.

"How is it being home so far? It's been what, four days?" K-Dot asked as it was now Saturday morning.

"A long ass four days" Ron noted, "Ay, you want twins? You said you wanted more right?"

"Nah nigga I'm good...what you getting into today though? I'm off for once"

"Shit, you tryna bet on a game of madden? I ain't take no money from you in a while" Ron snickered cockily and K-Dot scoffed.

"Say less, slide through with the kids" K-Dot insisted.

"Alright, let me finish making this oatmeal and we'll be right over"

"I thought you said they ain't like oatmeal?" K-Dot said laughing just as the waffles popped up from the toaster.

"They like whatever I buy" Ron declared, "But I hit you when I'm on my way"

K-Dot shook his head as he heard the call disconnect, and continued to make the girls' breakfast. He grabbed two plates from the cupboards and cut the waffles up, next topping it off with syrup.

"Bon appetite" he smiled satisfied, placing both plates in front of them.

While Skye immediately dug into hers, Taylor was highly upset the meal wasn't what she requested.

"But mommy makes me pancakes" she cried, looking at the waffles as if she wouldn't eat them if they were the last thing on earth.

"But there isn't anymore, so eat" K-Dot told her as he began to skim through his messages.

It was supposed to be his day off, however he was already getting messages about things going on in the shops.

He dialed out to his new shop in Jersey, all the while trying to feed a crying Taylor.

"Good morning Boss" Dawn, his new receptionist answered.

"Good morning, I just got a text from Michael saying he didn't get his check yesterday. Can you log into the portal to look for his paystub for me?"

"Okay, one sec"

He listened while she typed away on the computer.
"I don't want it" Taylor fussed, moving the fork away from her mouth.