Chapter Eighty Six

"It's truly nothing personal Loki

"It's truly nothing personal Loki."

"You have to stretch it", Loki continues to pester me "Think about it like a film of water spreading over-"

"Thor shut your brother up so I can concentrate" I frustratedly snap, my eyes screwed shut as I try to expand the cloak I'd usually drape over myself to become invisible. Valkyrie has gone with Bruce to break out the other Contenders which the Grandmaster has meticulously collected over the decades he's been alive. They're going to be our distraction; our revolution. Although even with our distraction it's going to still be exceptionally difficult to get inside of the Grandmasters palace and up to the private garage which contains our getaway ride. That's where I come in, cloaking us until we get into the private elevator.

The only problem is that I've never tried to cloak anyone besides myself. I've never needed to so why bother trying? Loki's taken it upon himself to try and teach me how to expand the invisibility barrier. Only he's proving to be more of a nuisance then a help. "Loki" Thor warns his brother "Give Adeline space to focus."

"Focus?" Loki blurts out baffled "I'm trying to help her focus! It's not my fault she won't-"

Finally snapping I create a golden field in my hand and swipe it in Loki's direction, sending the God of Mischief flying into the metal wall with a resounding bang. Falling with a clatter Loki's hard gaze falls back onto me as I snap "Shut. Up."

Taking a deep breath I push aside Loki's grumbling and concentrate. Closing my eyes I hold out my hands, gliding them through the air as I stretch out the cloth as far as I can. Usually I would allow it to roll over me but instead I take the one useful thing Loki's given me and run with it. With a heavy sigh I flex my fingers and try to mentally yank the cloth further, stretching it out over Thor and Loki who stand to my left. Feeling the mental strain I release a shaky breath, ready to give up before I feel something unusual. For a split second I felt the cloak shift...increasing in diameter before snapping back into place.

"Adeline we can always find another route-"

"Shush!" I snap quickly at Thor, eyebrows furrowed in concentration "I felt something."