Chapter forty: Official ( pt 1.)

Start from the beginning

He gazed over at Bokuto who'd apparently decided to do the same, turning his head to meet Kuroo with a confused gaze.

"HEY BEDHEAD! OWLBOY! STOP GAZING INTO EACH OTHERS EYES AND CONCENTRATE ON THE GAME!," Coach Kao spat from the side lines.

Kuroo watched as Bokuto snapped out of it, his poker face replacing the slightly lost one he'd worn just seconds before. 'Yeah,' he though,'it's probably nothing to worry about.'

His body fell back into game-mode at the sound of the whistle, everyone throwing themselves back into play.

*

He was swearing under his breath, sweat gathering just above his brows. He'd practically thrown you in the car, shoving a seatbelt around you whilst you'd continued to groan in discomfort. Now you were both on the road, he was moving the wheel abruptly, jumping every time you winced, his voice cracking on occasion.

"Oh f**k, oh sh*t, f**k, sh*t, f**k, sh*t,f**k, sh*t, f**k, sh*t...."

Your chest was rising and falling heavily as you glanced at him - guilt pouring through you at the sight of him being so off guard. You'd never seen him like this before - so fragile and scared. You reached forward to place a hand reassuringly on his shoulder - but that backfired, you screeched, doubling over.

He jumped at the notion, a small squeak escaping his lips. His arms had started to tremble fast, his grip on the wheel becoming slightly unstable - he had to tighten his grip, his knuckles whitening.

You attempted to settle yourself, but your lower half had began to ache too - making you shift desperately, interrupted by a loud moan that escaped your chapped lips, you clutched your stomach tighter , pushing your feet down against the floor as hard as you could.

He snatched a glance over at you. Your hair was drenched with sweat, your chest moving up and down quickly, you were biting your bottom lip hard, clenching your eyes closed, your whole body trembling and on occasion - twitching. You were in a tremendous mess.

He let out a prominent sigh, gripping the wheel even tighter, arms flexing at the impact,"Oh f**k it!," he rammed his foot down on the peddle, forcing you to jerk forward, your throat and mouth filling with a sensation - you gripped at it desperately catching Akaashis eyes in the mirror.

"NO!," he roared,"YOU ARE NOT THROWING UP IN MY CAR!"

*

The opposing team had called for a break, much to their teams appreciation. They were falling behind, the other members seeming to have only gotten better whilst they'd gotten tired. He brought up his shirt, wiping his face with it, taking a swing from his water bottle, Bokuto fell in line besides him, stretching out his arms and neck.

He could see Suga, who'd seemingly decided to take a moment, sat down on the bench, his hair dripping with sweat. Kuroo wasn't finding it hard to work with him, at least he didn't have to look at him or actually speak to him. Though vein around the guy was enough to p*ss him off.

"Maybe we should do a synchronised attack?," a blonde haired team member who went by 'Raph', suggested, his hands on his hips,"catch them off guard."

"We could do a setter dump," Dazai, all dyed red hair, piped up - the teams golden libero,"I really think if we just pull out all the stops then there's no stopping us really."

Kuroo ran a hand through his hair, his eyes flicking towards the silver haired spiker,"or - why don't we just use the ace more?"

"That guy?," Raph scrunched up his face,"why?"

"Because he's an asset to our team," Kuroo sipped at his water,"I've seen him play - so far you haven't been sending him the ball , but I can tell you from my personal experience that he's got the skills to carry us through-."

"But won't they just catch up to us again?," Naoko, smaller than the rest questioned.

"By then it'll most likely be too late," Kuroo shrugged,"and now we just know to balance out our skills - not to work ourselves up to much the first time around-."

"HEY! HEy! Hey! I'm sorry to interrupt!"

The teams attention shot upwards as a girl with long orange hair ran over, her green eyes wide. The team manager - Ami.

"It's fine baby," Raph wiggled his brows at her,"you can interrupt me all you wa-."

"Kuroo," she breathed, shoving Raph in the chest,"a few people in the crowd said they saw two people leaving - a guy : dark wavy hair? Blue eyes? And a girl :(H/c) hair and (e/c) eyes? They said they seemed in a hurry-."

His whole body tensed up, his eyes linking in with Bokutos wide yellow ones. His attention flicking back to Ami.

"They said she seemed in pain a-."

"F**K!," he saw your face in his mind, the day you'd got rushed in, how there might be something wrong with you. His teeth gritted at the notion of having not been there - to carry you out in his arms. He could feel Bokutos hand grasp his bicep.

"Man you don't think-."

He didn't have time, he took off running towards the exit, flying past the other team that gazed after him in confusion. Panic was forcing him to run, his feet slapping against the floor as the sound of his pulse became extreme in his ears.

"GET BACK HERE! WHAT DO YOU THINK YOURE DOI-."

Coach Kaos rage was cut short by the sound of the heavy doors closing, a second later opening again making way for Bokuto who was dead on his tail.

They swung around corners, speeding up down the halls - the whole time his mind was racing with the endless possibilities, your name echoing in his head over and over and over again....

(F/n),(f/n),(f/n),(f/n)....

⭐️;)))⭐️