Chapter fifty: Selfish.

⭐️Slight NSFW warning⭐️

"Hey it's (l/n)! Sorry I'm a little busy right now - drop me a message! Buh-bye"

He winced at the sound, having encountered it several times now. He felt so desperately alone, the room roared around him in a wave of laughter, singing and chattering. Figures glittered together in joy, the limitless smiles painted upon others faces unavoidable in unison with the careless atmosphere that suffocated this immaculate location. And yet he found himself resisting, back up against the wall, a little away from everyone else.

His amber eyes flickered up from the harsh screen of his device. He could see her, throwing herself around with others, her dark hair flickering around her porcelain shoulders as she fell into the grip of the rhythm that had captivated the vast majority of the events inhabitants. He noticed the way everyone was looking at her, how other guys were looking at her - there was something distant and powerful in their eyes...a sort of lust.

He should be up there with her, but here he was a complete and utter coward - only ever thinking of you. You must be here, after all you were Oikawas girlfriend...and it was so so wrong, for him to be here with someone else at your partners party and to yearn recklessly for you...how selfish of him.

"Suga c'mon!"

His chest tightened, her icy blue orbs landing on him, an oblivious smile plastered across her blush lips. He tensed as she reached out for him, taking his wrist in her hand. He flinched as the device fell through his fingers, clattering onto the polished floor with an inaudible 'thud.'

"My phone!," he snapped ripping out of her endearing grasp, snatching it up from the ground before inspecting it.

"Stop being such a party pooper!," she snorted, a giggle escaping her,"c'mon let's have fuuuuun!"

"But I'm busy-."

"Doing what?," she pouted playfully,"being miserable!?"

"No I'm trying-," he was cut off, she'd gripped him by his jacket dragging him into the raging crowd, he let out a gasp feeling uncomfortable from the sudden engulfment...he gazed around, he was trapped.

He gazed down as she began to dance in front of him, her hands moving across his chest. He felt sick to the gut...'what am I doing? I can't do this anymore...I can't-.' His eyes fluttered, his heart rate skipping, a flash of (h/c) hair, a smile...but who was that with you-?

His breath was cut short, warm hands pressed against the back of his neck. She was kissing him...really kissing him, her eyes dead shut, a trance of hazy pink against her cheeks...his eyes were wide open - he'd lost sight of you.

'No,no,no be happy, be happy, be happy-,' but he couldn't possibly be - he wanted to find you tonight - to make you his...and now he'd lost you again, in a split second of innocent one sided romance from a reckless affair he'd brought upon himself...

She gaze him a half-lidded stare as she pulled away, a smirk taking hold of her, a whisper mixed with something else lingering as she let it slip from her perfectly shaped lips ,"you know what Kou', I think I might actually love you."

He felt himself freeze as the words she'd just spoken processed...no she couldn't...he'd been nothing but average, a pit stop for the person she was destined to meet - she couldn't possibly love him...or maybe...he just hoped she didn't...because then it would make things...easier...