Chapter thirty three: Lucky.

3 months later:

The day was a bright one, echoing in vivid radiance into the residence. Each ornament and structure brought to life by the imminent haze. He waltzed through the hall, the confidence his home brought him elevating his demeanour. He loved owning his own place, it reminded him faintly of his father, how he held everything together so well, how he held them all together.

He remembered to day they'd moved in, how Sato had beamed at him, being much younger then, her bright hazel eyes taking it all in - really he'd done it for her , the girl who held him together. They'd been so content where they were, how far they'd come together that when she quickly fell pregnant it only served them further joy.

He stopped in his tracks, his attention steadying on the figure that sat gently on the sofa. He'd grown so much, his once messy tufts of pearly hair now sat in wavy curls that framed his delicately curving face, his jaw prominent against his fair features. He had his mother's thick eyelashes and delicate hazel eyes but he had Rins grin and deep rooted ambition. He frowned bitterly at his firm shoulders and strong arms, that once were gangly and small...the sharpness of him only proving that he was a man- not a boy.

'"We should name him Koushi," he half whispered gazing down at the blushed baby that wriggled in his arms.

"Why Koushi?," she laughed lightly, her tired eyes falling on her husband. She had messy hair, a worn out face, laying there in her hospital gown but Sato was beautiful- that was always certain.

"The name means 'to love', 'to support' and I guess I just want them things for him," he looked over at her, she was pouting her lips.

"You're so corny."

"Shut up!," he blushed, his fingertips reaching to stroke against the infants cheek as his expression mellowed, brushing against the beauty mark that sat softly under his sons left eye.

"Okay big guy," she reached, wrapping her delicate fingers around his arm,"Koushi it is."

"Koushi," he breathed.

His son turned, his wide hazel orbs landing on his father. Rin could see the expression of distaste that crossed over his face, the way his body seemed to tense at the sight of him, his lips forming a hard line.

'"So it's like this yeah dad?," he moved his legs in a peddling motion, his chubby cheeks squished due to the strap of his helmet.

Rins eyes were wide as he held the bike still, watching as his son positioned himself instantly on the seat having thrown a tantrum about his stabilisers - claiming they weren't 'cool,' "y-yeah, please be careful Kou-."

He grinned over his shoulder, his silver curls falling a little in his face, he reached to push it aside though Rin knew very well that they'd only get in the way again, he reached tucking it under his helmet, Suga closed his eyes as he did so before beaming at him.

"Can I go now?," he pleaded, making 'vroom','vroom' motions with his hand on the handle.

"YES!," Sato grabbed Rins arm, giving her son a cheesy smile, ripping Rins grasp off of the bike.

He felt his heart leap into his throat as he watched the seven year old began to peddle, his bright green sneakers moving up and down as he headed away from them on the pavement and a little down the street.

"Oh my god-," she gasped, reaching her hands up to her cheeks and squishing them, "he's actually doing it, he's actually-."

"Do you think I should go after him- I think I should go after him- I mean-."