Chapter Twenty Five.

Chapter Twenty Five.

I awoke during the middle of the night alone in bed. I had stirred a little over an hour ago when Logan had gotten out of bed and he hadn't returned. The bed was cold as was the room especially without Logan by my side of provide body heat. My wolf whined a little as we had never woken up without our mate by our side.

I rolled over tangled in the sheets onto my back to see that the bedside clock displayed that it was a minute past four in the morning. The room was dark with the only light seeping through a gap in the curtains coming from the full moon outside. A feeling washed over me that I wasn't able to describe, I was nervous and a little frightened as it gathered in the bottom of my stomach.

I swallowed down the lump that had formed in my throat and yawned tiredly. My body ached a little from the continuous training over the past few weeks. The day after Sam's theory had worked I had slowly began to improve with each day and I had even managed to pin Logan a few times to the blue mats that we regularly practised on. My wolf was a big part of my newly developed strength and skill as now that we had come together training had become easier slowly but surely. Logan had allowed us to practice every day for a couple of hours until he had to attend to pack business that I would help him with as much as I could. Today was Sunday and Logan had stated that we would spend Sunday's together resting.

In the past few weeks that I had been training I hadn't heard anything from my dad nor had there been any more attacks on the pack for which I was grateful for. I don't think I would have been able to recover if another pack member were to die because of me.

Logan had got the entire pack training or rather those who were willing to fight training. Women and children as well as those that didn't want to fight were going to be staying in a safe house a few miles away from the pack. It was well hidden and difficult to find Logan had assured me. My mum would be staying in the safe house during the attack that was bound to happen. I wanted her further away due to the fact that my dad most likely wanted her more than me but she had argued that she would be safer with the pack than on her own.

I threw the covers off of my body and slowly got out of bed, the t-shirt I wore rolling down my body and ending just above my knees. The carpet was cold under my feet as I walked over to the door and slowly opened it. I could see a glow from the bottom of the stairs and guessed that Logan was in the kitchen no doubt nursing a cup of tea.

I was quiet as I made my way through the house. My hands running up and down my arms to keep them warm. I frowned a little as I padded downstairs, the house was never this cold and I was sure that now I was a werewolf, I shouldn't feel the cold as much as I was. The wooden floor of the hallway caused as shiver to run through me when my feet touched the floor. I hurried down the dimly lit hallway and stopping as soon as I entered the kitchen.

Logan stood with his back bare back to me in only a pair of soft cotton bottoms that hung low on his hips starring out of the kitchen window and into the woods that surrounded the house. I would have normally taken the moment to marvel at the muscles of my mate but his slumped shoulders and bunched up muscles took me by surprise. I was consumed with concern that intensified with my wolfs feelings adding to my own.

I made my way around the kitchen counter in the middle of the room and towards Logan. I didn't hesitate when I wrapped my arms around his middle and pressed my forehead against his back. Logan relaxed a little under my touch although he was still rigged in my arms. I sighed a little a pressed my lips to his back, allowing them to linger there for a few seconds before sighing again.

"You feel it to?" I whispered referring to the feeling I had felt in the pit of my stomach when I woke up and had now only subsided now that I was with Logan and touching him.