Chapter Eleven.

Chapter Eleven.

Logan Wilson.

I stared at the place where Esme had been standing a few minutes ago. I had the pleasure of seeing a small smile spread across her face while she waved goodbye. I had seen Esme smile more times in the past few minutes than I had since she had arrived.

I was pleased that she was slowly getting her voice back, although I had only heard her talk when her voice was hoarse and croaky I knew that when her throat was finally healed her voice would sound like angels singing. The bruises that had decorated Esme's skin when she had arrived on my territory were now gone and her skin a smooth, flawless creamy white that I longed to run my fingertips over but I knew that I couldn't.

Esme had a difficult past and it was all because of her father. I felt myself growl at the thought of him and the times that he had laid his hands on her. My wolf was pushing against the barrier within my mind to break free and hunt down the bastard that had dared to hurt my mate. As much as I wanted to hurt every one that had hurt what was mine I couldn't and every day was a struggle to stop myself.

I knew that Esme was slowly making progress but it would take a long time before she was at least comfortable around anyone but her mum and now my brothers. I hated that she was comfortable around my younger brothers and not me. It made both me and my wolf jealous and as much as I tried, Esme was still moving away from me and even flinching when I got too close.

It was hard to watch Esme constantly struggling with herself and her fears as she came to terms with her past and who she was. I had smelled the werewolf gene within her as soon as she stepped onto my territory, although it was faint and barely noticeable it was still there and it was easy to mistake her for a rogue if you were only focused on the werewolf scent that she gave off.

I doubted that Esme would ever shift as the werewolf gene was dormant within her. I had spoken to Luke about it and he too believed that Esme would never shift. I liked that Esme was more human than werewolf as it meant that she was fragile and it made all the feelings within me heighten. I was more protective over my little human mate. My wolf was possessive and dominant and how she had found us it only seemed to make everything increase tenfold.

I shook my head as I walked out of the hospital ward within the pack house. Esme's scent consumed the entire room and a faint trail was left behind from where she had walked down the corridor. I slowly made my way towards my office where I knew stacks of paperwork had been piled up waiting to be read and sorted. I had been distracted over the past few days with finding Esme and making sure she was healthy and safe.

I opened the door to my office to see that my future Beta sat in front of my desk with a file in his hands and a small frown of concentration on his face. Samuel had been trying his best to sort through the paper work in my absence and I could sense his relief when I walked through the door.

"Logan," Sam grinned as I closed the door and made my way around the desk to my seat. Samuel was one of the very few that could get away with calling me by my first name as he was not only my Beta, but childhood friend.

"Samuel." I greeted back as I lowered myself into the chair and stared at the many papers littering the top of my desk.

"How's our little Luna?" He asked as he looked up from the file cradled in his lap so that he could focus on my reply.

It wasn't a secret to the pack that I found my mate as news had travelled fast about the condition she had been in. I had yet to introduce Esme to the pack because I knew that she wasn't ready and I wanted her to be marked so that all the males of my pack knew that she was mine. Samuel's concern for my mate was encouraging as he didn't easily warm up to people and knowing that he had taken a liking to Esme meant that the pack would also warm up to her just as easily or so I hoped.