Chapter Fifteen.

Chapter Fifteen.

I pressed myself further into the warmth that seemed to surround me like a cocoon. I felt so safe wrapped in this blanket of warmth and comfort. The nightmares that I had experienced ever since I was little didn't appear last night. I couldn't remember the last time I had slept so peacefully without the haunted dreams visiting me.

I felt refreshed. It was as if one peaceful sleep had left me revived. For the first time in a while I felt alive. I wasn't waking up in fear of what the day might bring; I was able to wake up knowing that my dad wouldn't be able to hurt me as long as I stayed where I was.

I slowly opened my eyes and blinked rapidly so that I could adjust to the light that streamed through a small gap in the curtains from where they hadn't been closed properly. My eyes felt tender and it hurt a little every time I blinked. I recognised the feeling and knew that I had gone to sleep crying. I back tracked through the previous day in my mind hoping to remember what had caused an emotional breakdown.

I was struck with the horror that my dad had found us. The letter appearing before my now tightly closed eyes. He had found us just like he had promised. He was a smart man, he was cunning and I wasn't surprised that he had found us so quickly I was only frozen with the realisation that he was coming after us and I didn't know when.

My mum's own breakdown had hit me hard. I had never seen my mum in that way before as she was always so strong and positive, even at the worst of times. I never wanted to see my mum so broken, so frightened and vulnerable ever again. Her face when she had been told about the letter would forever stay with me. I would do everything within me to protect my mum and to prevent that look from ever appearing on her face again.

I wondered how my mum was coping as I hadn't seen her since last night. Logan and Samuel had said that my mum needed space and as much as I wanted to be with her so that I could offer her comfort in some sort of way I knew that she needed to be alone. The look on my mum's face had told me that it was something that she could only deal with if she was by herself. As much as it pained me I had to respect what she wanted and give my mum her space to come to terms with everything.

The room I was in wasn't one that I was familiar with. I only knew my bedroom and Logan's bedroom. The room that I was in was a little smaller but the colour scheme, design and placement of the furniture was similar to the layout of Logan's room in his house.

A small frown crinkled my forehead as I continued to look around. A groan from my side and something tightening itself around my waist, pulling me towards a hard object had me panicking. A small scream escaped my lips as I began to squirm against whatever held me.

A loud growl echoed through the room as I was suddenly under a large body, the person on top of me looked around as if they were looking for any sign of danger, a reason for why I had screamed. I was surprised that they had managed to keep their body weight off of me so that they lightly hovered above me; the loose fabric of the shirt they wore was the only thing touching me.

Logan looked down at me, his brown eyes boring into my own before he scanned every inch of my face before going lower to see if I was injured anywhere. I could see the confusion in his eyes as he realised that I was perfectly fine and that no one was around to hurt me.

I had forgotten that I had asked Logan to stay with me. I had expected him to say no but when he had climbed in next to me without a word and held me close I had still thought that he would have left at some point in the night. I felt butterflies within my stomach as I stared up at Logan with wide eyes, knowing that he had spent the entire night with me. Comforting me seemed to unlock the chest that I had created to hide my feelings.