Chapter Nine.

Chapter Nine.

I stared at Logan, my eyes wide and unseeing. It was as if everything within the room had stopped including my breathing as I processed the small sentence that Logan had just spoken out loud to me.

It was as if everything I had ever known was slowly crashing down around me. The only world I had experienced was shattering into small pieces that would be impossible to put back together. The complicated puzzle that I knew was my life was broken up into fragments and scattered everywhere making it impossible to put it back together.

There was no way that I wasn't human but as I looked between my mum and Logan I somehow knew that they were telling the truth. I wasn't human; I was some sort of monster just like my dad. The very thought of ending up as someone like my dad had me cringing both inside and out. I would never end up like my dad even if it killed me. He had caused my mum so much pain in the past few years of her life even before I was born and he had also caused me pain in all of my seventeen years of existence.

It didn't seem real. The entire situation that I had found myself in seemed like a dream; at least I hoped that it was only a dream. I was still waiting for the moment that I would be rudely awakened by my dad kicking me in the stomach for sleeping too long, but deep down I knew that it wouldn't ever happen. The life I was now living was real; the life that werewolves were real in, along with mates and the fact that I wasn't human was all real. The only good thing about what was happening was that both me and my mum had escaped my dad.

My entire body began to shake as I forced myself to breathe in and out. If I wasn't human then I didn't know what I was but I knew that my cells were mutated with the werewolf gene. I didn't know if I was a pure blood werewolf as my mum had tainted the line by being human. I knew that I at least had the blood of a werewolf flowing through my veins and the thought made me feel sick.

I clutched my stomach tightly as I slapped my hands over my mouth. I could already feel bile rising up from my stomach and the hand over my mouth seemed to be the only thing keeping the bile down. A grey coloured cardboard bowl appeared in front of me as I took my hand away from my mouth and puked up the contents of my stomach which mainly consisted of water.

It wasn't long until I was left dry heaving over the cardboard bowl. Logan had immediately stood up and pulled the hair out of my face and rubbed my back in a soothing motion while my mum helped me hold the bowl up in front of me. It was rare that I was sick but it did happen once in a while, especially when I worked myself up. Just thinking about the fact that I wasn't human though, made me feel sick to my stomach. Stifling a sob, I tried to get myself under control by taking deep, controlled breaths.

"Are you alright?" Logan asked.

I only nodded my head as I fell back onto the pillows resting on the bed. A glass of water was handed to me and I gratefully took it as I awkwardly sipped the water. I didn't want to drink it all in one go as I wasn't sure that I would be able to keep it down. I was thankful that the water had gotten rid of the awful taste in my mouth.

I took a few moments to calm myself down before I sat upright and faced my mum and Logan. My mum was sitting down with a worried expression while Logan stood by the head of the bed his arms at his side as if he didn't know what to do with them. I nodded my head slowly in a way that said thank you before I turned to my mum. I knew that neither of us were in any fit state to continue the conversation but I needed to know what I was.

I gave my mum a look that said 'continue'. She spared a glance at Logan who was slowly lowering himself on to the seat he had been sitting in before I got sick. Logan only nodded his head at her in an encouraging manner before he focused his attention back on me. My mum sighed loudly as she took my pale hand in hers once again before meeting my eyes.