"God's peace be in this home."

Catherine and I respond, "And all who live here."

"My child, it has been said that you would like your last confession and the Blessed Sacrament."

"That is true."

"Please begin your confession."

I cross myself, "Holy Father, I confess that I have a wish against God's holy plan. I wish to live and continue to help rule my husband's kingdom. I confess that I have been jealous of those who are not ill, for they get to live longer."

"My child for you penance I ask you to put aside your jealousy and pray for the living that they may live long and healthy lives. Please recite the Act of Contrition."

"O my God, I am heartily sorry for having offended Thee, and I detest all my sins because of Thy just punishments, but most of all because they offend Thee, my God, Who art all-good and deserving of all my love. I firmly resolve, with the help of Thy grace, to sin no more and to avoid the near occasions of sin."

"God, the Father of mercies, through the death and resurrection of His Son has reconciled the world to himself and sent the Holy Spirit among us for the forgiveness of sins; through the ministry of the Church may God give you pardon and peace, and I absolve you from your sins in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Spirit."

From the table beside me he open the gold box and takes the Oil of the Sick off the table and takes the cork off. He draws the cross upon my eyelids, earlobes, my nose, my lips, my palms and feet. Then he wiped his thumb on a piece of bread and washes his hands.

"Through this holy anointing, may the Lord in his love and mercy help you with the grace of the Holy Spirit. May the Lord who frees you from sin save you and raise you up."

"Credo in Deum Patrem omnipotentem, Creatorem caeli et terrae, et in Iesum Christum, Filium Eius unicum, Dominum nostrum, qui conceptus est de Spiritu Sancto, natus ex Maria Virgine, passus sub Pontio Pilato, crucifixus, mortuus, et sepultus, descendit ad inferos, tertia die resurrexit a mortuis, ascendit ad caelos, sedet ad dexteram Dei Patris omnipotentis, inde venturus est iudicare vivos et mortuos. Credo in Spiritum Sanctum, sanctam Ecclesiam catholicam, sanctorum communionem, remissionem peccatorum, carnis resurrectionem, vitam aeternam. Our Father who art in heaven, Hallowed be thy name. Thy kingdom come. Thy will be done on earth as it is in heaven. Give us this day our bread, and forgive us our trespasses, as we forgive those who trespass against us, and lead us not into temptation, but deliver us from evil. Amen."

He pulls a simple, gold pyx from his pocket and opens it. He holds it up before me and begins the process of communion.

"See the Lamb of God who takes away the sins of the world. Happy are those who are called to his supper."

"Lord, I am not worthy to receive you."

"The Body of Christ."

"Amen."

The father places the blessed body on my tongue, I close my mouth, and everything begins to turn white. A quiet voice sounds through the whiteness surrounding me.

"May the Lord Jesus protect you and lead you to eternal life."

Everything disappears into the light.

King Edward

I knock on Alexandrina's door.

"You may enter."

I open the door and the Holy Father stands.

"Your Majesty, you wife passed into the arms of judgement only moments ago. I pray that she will soon be in the Kingdom of God."

"I would like to speak to her doctor."

"Your Majesty that is not the answer."

"The doctor's told me that on my wife's orders they would not be able to inform me what was killing her as long as she lived. You are all dismissed. Please send for her doctor."

"Your Majesty-"

"I believe I said that you were all dismissed!"

Everyone rushes to leave the room. When they are all gone, I light a lamp on her bedside in the darkening room. Then, I sit in the chair next to her bed. I'm sorry Alexandrina. I've failed you and your father. Curse you Alby. I would've been here if it wasn't for you. A knock sounds at the door and a young woman enters the room and gives a short bow.

"Where is my wife's doctor?"

"I am your late wife's doctor, Your Majesty."

"I see. What is your name?"

"Elizabeth Archer, sir."

"Thank you. Please continue."

"Sire, I have just been informed that Her Royal Majesty, Queen Alexandrina I, has passed into the arms of God fifteen minutes ago. It was her request to have me administer this letter to you upon her death. She ordered that we were not allowed to tell you anything before or after-hand. I will leave to allow you to read her letter. If you have any questions you may find me in the chapel."

She hands me a letter, gives a short bow and leaves. After the door closes, I break the wax seal, open the letter and begin to read.

                    June 13th, 1605

Edward,

         If you are reading this then I have indeed departed my Earthly glory to join God in his heavenly kingdom. This also means that if all has been done according to my will and wishes you will not know what has been killing me. It is now time I should tell you what has been plaguing me. I was diagnosed with uterine cancer. There is no cure so do not feel bad for letting me die, I could not have given you the heir you require, it is not your fault. I may have been suffering at the end but now I have no pain and will be able to watch over you, your future children and wife from God's side.

          Edward, I know you will be stubborn, I know you will try and keep respect for the dead alive. But please try to overcome your stubbornness. Please find another wife after my funeral. A second Queen. A phoenix rising from the ashes of my death. I have one request though, make sure you love her.

      All My Love,

               Alexandrina

I reread the letter, making sure I read it all correctly and then fold the letter and tuck it in the breast pocket in my jacket. I look out the window across the room, the sky has darkened and a single lamp is the light in the room. I look over at Alexandrina, she is lying on her bed, eyes closed, and hands folded, as to receive the Blessed Sacrament. I'm sorry I was not here for you Alexandrina. I will try to fulfill your wishes. I stand up from my chair and leave the room.

A/N: Gasp! How could you?! Why on earth would you kill of the kings wife in the first chapter?!

I'm sorry *hides*

Welcome to TSQ! I will be updating weekly until book one is finished. All my love, Morrigan