third week of may • socky

Start from the beginning

Sanha looked out the window of the car after waving off his manager's concerned gaze for his tears. He grinned, and despite being an adult, he knew he'd always be the maknae in everyone's eyes and he's okay with that, he loved it. Especially if he can get away with things if he played the youngest card, then that's just for him to know.

When he reached their company, he went into one of their office rooms, deciding to do a special vlive for the Arohas to thank them for being with him and congratulating him on his day. He decided to make origami roses to commemorate such day. When the vlive cut off and he had to start a second one, and he had took a long time to make one rose, he didn't mind, he was floating on cloud nine and such glitches won't bring him down. He ended the live soon after, and when he did so, the lights turned off and he just realized his manager had left him a few minutes just before he ended. He was about to get scared when he heard a familiar voice singing one of his favourite songs.

In no time, the lights went back on again and he stared up at Rocky who was grinning at him with a rose in hand, and a familiar note in the other. He returned the smile, before Rocky came close and he pulled the older down on top of him so the other had no choice but to sit on his lap.

Sanha hugged the other tightly, inhaling the familiar scent of Rocky, the other returning it while carding his fingers through his hair. They didn't say anything for a moment, just basking in the silence, before Rocky pulled away slightly, eyes glint with mischief.

"Did you cry?"

Sanha rolled his eyes at the question, leaning back into the chair, keeping his arms loose around Rocky's waist.

"Of course not!" Sanha fibbed, because he did in fact.

Rocky tapped his nose. "Liar. I asked manager-nim, he said you were crying in the car."

Sanha pouted. "Dang it."

Rocky leaned to place a peck on his lips. "It's okay, I won't tell the others that you cried over my note."

"Hyuk!" Sanha whined. "Stop teasing!"

Minhyuk giggled and placed a kiss on his cheek. "Alright, alright."

Sanha smiled, his fingers tracing his boyfriend's skin underneath his shirt, then with a mischievous glint in his eyes spoke. "Little brother huh?"

Minhyuk laughed loudly in response. "Honestly? Yeah. Sometimes I forget you're my boyfriend, because you are too cute and it doesn't help that everyone treats you that way."

Sanha nodded, he understood what that meant, besides, before they had gotten together, before he realized his brotherly/best friend feelings had turned into more, he knows.

"Are you ready for later?" Minhyuk asked, hands trailing down from Sanha's hair to the nape of the younger's neck.

"Huh? Where?" Sanha tilted his head, wondering what should he be ready for.

"Oh!" The rapper exclaimed, shifting in Sanha's lap. "It was supposed to be a surpise."

Sanha giggled. "Hyuk, you're so bad at keeping secrets."

Minhyuk poked his cheek. "It's because we've been so busy, we rarely see each other that I thought they told you ahead of time to make sure you were free. I'm busy with choreographs and writing music right now for other people, I rarely get to see you." Minhyuk pouted down at the younger, leaning his head down so he was practically laying down. "And you're so busy with schedules too."

"Baby..." Sanha trailed off, voice apologetic.

"I know, it's okay. I haven't had any schedules, because the company wants me to focus on choreos and writing songs, which you know, I do love, but sometimes I wonder if our Arohas are disappointed because I'm not out and active as much."

Sanha felt his heart squeeze painfully and he hugged his boyfriend tighter. Honestly, he wondered why their management isn't letting Minhyuk go on shows, the older was so talented and he knew the other was feeling ashamed because he doesn't have any schedules to offer to their name. But oh, how wrong was Minhyuk. Everyone in Astro was so proud of how hardworking he was, and he wished their management would grow a brain and allow him to go on shows.

"Hey, don't say that. Arohas know you're working hard, I know, the hyungs know. Don't be so hard on yourself, baby." Sanha ran his hand down his boyfriend's back.

Minhyuk turned his head towards Sanha's neck, before murmuring. "I'm sorry, it's supposed to be a happy day and here I am ruining the mood."

Sanha shifted his head so he can plant a kiss on Minhyuk's forehead. "Don't ever apologize."

They became silent, the only sounds were their breathing. It became too long that Sanha thought the other had fallen asleep, until.

"I love you."

Sanha smiled, pressing another kiss to Minhyuk's temple. "I love you too."

"This is an example when I said you have mature qualities, I'm supposed to be the older one who should be able to solve my own problems and worries."

Sanha giggled, "Baby, honestly."

Minhyuk laughed, before getting off the younger's lap, the latter pouting at the loss. The rapper reached a hand out.

"Let's go. The others are probably waiting."

Sanha nodded and took the hand, getting up from the chair, hooking an arm around his shorter boyfriend's shoulders, the latter placing his own around his waist before leaving the room.

When they met with the others and he received the rest of the gifts, Sanha couldn't be happier on his coming of age, especially since he was surrounded by the people he loved the most.