033. the return of the asgardians

› CHAPTER THIRTY-THREE ‹

"How sure are you that Loki will betray Thor?"

Raleigh fumbled with his hands and glanced at Bruce Banner. The doctor was just as uncomfortable, he could tell, with him shuffling in the spaceship passenger seat. The two Earthlings were currently waiting on the Scavenger woman's space ship while she was off freeing the Sakaar slaves. According to Thor, while he was being held captive before the tournament he had gotten to know the few slaves who spoke about starting a revolution. With them, they were supposed to create enough of a distraction, giving them the ability to escape.

While the Scavenger was handling that, Thor was gathering the ship she had talked about with Loki at his side. No one in the group trusted the mischief and lies God to completely follow through with the plan, but Thor made it known that he could handle his brother's tricks. Raleigh was glad that Thor would be fine, but he was upset thinking that Loki wouldn't change his antics.

Bruce flicked his eyes to him and then back out of the window. He rubbed the back of his neck. "Uh, the probability is high."

Raleigh didn't reply to that. He hated how his heart twisted at his words, especially when he knew who Loki was—but something in him strived for the man to change because he knew that even a villain can become a hero.

He too turned back to the window and faintly noticed the Scavenger walking back through the chaos.

"Hey, um, so my name is, uh, Raleigh. Just in case you wanted to know," he stuttered, flushing in embarrassment, "not sure if you cared, but yeah."

"Bruce Banner." The scientist smiled kindly at him. "So you're from Earth?"

He nodded and watched as the Scavenger took down a couple of guards who tried to stop and question her. "You could say that."

The same ringing alarms from earlier blared through the planet again and Bruce flinched at the noise. The Scavenger cursed to herself and sprinted the rest of the way to her ship. She threw her hands upward and the globe above them opened and the woman slid over the exterior of the ship and into her driver's seat. The globe closed when she started up her vessel.

"Loyal Sakaarians," The Grandmaster's voice echoed through the area, it muffled as the door latched shut, "Lord of Thunder has stolen my ship and my favorite champion."

"You should probably hold on." The Scavenger told them just before she pushed on the accelerate and shot into the air. The moment they were up and zooming through the air, a multitude of spaceships met up behind her and followed close behind. A few passed them and headed straight for the red disked spaceship.

"Sakaarians, take to the skies. Bring him down. Do not let him leave this planet."

Raleigh's hands shook and a raspy breath escaped his parted lips as the Scavenger shot the guns attached to her ship at another spaceship. The ship exploded with the person inside. He veered away from the sight and shook his head. "I'm not going to miss this place."