009. the party

› CHAPTER NINE ‹

› CHAPTER NINE ‹

Raleigh had never asked Trystan for permission to go to a party before. It wasn't something he ever felt drawn to because he didn't go out of his way to make friends with anybody outside his extracurricular activities. But like hell, he was leaving Peter alone when he was thinking about doing something stupid. He couldn't stop Peter if he went through with it, but he wasn't going to let him be by himself when he did it. Of course, he didn't tell Trystan any of this, but the man didn't need any explanation. He grabbed his car keys without hesitation and talked about how proud he was of Raleigh getting out of the house and doing "normal" teenage things. 

Peter had begged Raleigh to be there in case something went wrong, and so with that, Raleigh made the idiotic decision to also wear his suit underneath his clothing. He was only wearing it in case something went terribly, horrifically, wrong.

While Trystan was finding directions to Liz's house, Raleigh latched his door shut and pulled his metal suitcase out from under his bed. He set it onto his bed and stared at the two latches that kept the costume locked inside.

This probably isn't a good idea... Raleigh thought to himself.

Without deliberating how the cons outweighed the pros, he unlatched the case and opened it. Gold lighting lit up the room and in the middle of the case laid a uniform that wasn't as neatly folded as it had been the first time he opened it. He pulled the suit out, feeling the spandex rub his fingers, and stretched it out onto the rest of his bed.

Since Tony had less time making Raleigh's suit, he followed a similar make of Spider-Man's suit with a similar aesthetic as Raleigh's old suit. The chest and back of it was a beautiful golden color that was almost the same exact color that came from him. The sides, arms, and legs were a pitch black color with white and golden specks faded into the darkness of it—it reminded Raleigh of a clear night sky (something New York never sees.) He didn't have to worry about shoes with this suit because the outfit came with intact golden boots that formed into hard footwear when properly suctioned to his body.

His mask was the most different from his original. Instead of anything covering the bottom of his face, he now had a black eye mask, which covered his forehead and most of his upper cheeks. He wasn't sure how it stayed on his face. All he knew was that as soon as he put it on, it magnetized to his skin. Surprisingly, it never obstructed his vision like he thought it would and was quite comfortable. Party City masks could never.

Raleigh put the suit on, feeling an almost immediate comfort by having the smooth material hug his body. He slipped a t-shirt, jacket, and jeans over it. He put on his shoes, stuck his mask into a small bag, and examined himself in the mirror to make sure everything was hidden and covered. He headed back to the living room and to Trystan.

Trystan grinned and motioned him to the front door with a clink of his keys.

› › › ›