023. final fight

› CHAPTER TWENTY-THREE ‹

Raleigh's arm throbbed as Peter's fingers dug into his arm, but he didn't make a complaint, because he knew he was returning the favor to Peter. Though the feeling was uncomfortable for them both, neither wanted to risk Raleigh falling back onto the city landscape because they were far from being close to the ground at this point and without a parachute, he would die. It was unfortunate that the Vulture was wanting to steal from a moving plane, because the moment he headed off, Peter took Raleigh's hand and webbed himself to the flying Toomes. 

The wind burned Raleigh's mostly bare face, and to refrain from any damage he had to keep his head lowered meaning he was watching the city below him shrink with ever second the Vulture unknowingly carried them. His stomach did flips as he remembered the first and original encounter with the crazed man and his weapon sellers. That night could have ended terribly and the likelihood of this one ending even worst was a much higher probability. They didn't have their trackers or their suits, so Tony would have no idea where or what they were up to, and no one believed them about Toomes and the Stark plane, anyway.

No one aside from Ned knew where they were.

His nausea turned into ragged breaths when the miniature city disappeared behind a thick cloud. He looked back to what they were heading to and he was met with the sight of the Stark Cargo Plane. It was covered in retro-reflective panels, hiding it from anyone on the ground.

The Vulture latched himself underneath the plane and both stragglers face planted into the metal. The sudden hit, caused the two teens to lose their hold on one another and Raleigh started flying backward and a choked cry escaped his lips. Peter quickly shot a web at Raleigh and fortunately for them, the web was moving in favor of the wind, or else the webbing would have been snatched by the violent blasts. Carefully, Peter pulled him back to himself and he latched his hand around his own. 

Eventually, Raleigh moved to wrap his arms around Peter's neck as Spider-Man crawled along the plane. They moved to where Toomes had cut a hole in the exterior, leaving his wings covering the hole. Once Peter was at the suit, he started kicking it, knowing that was the only way inside and also the only way to get Toomes out of there. As he kicked at the suit, Raleigh did his best with helping them stay steady by attaching his powers to both the plane and himself. He hoped since he was holding onto Peter, he would also feel the pull to the object, and after a few excruciating seconds, Peter's muscles relaxed a little.

The hold on the aircraft was dropped though when the wingsuit suddenly dropped from the seal and flew off. The shock caused Peter to slip down the plane and for Raleigh to drop his powers as he searched for where the Vulture flew off. Both knew he wouldn't leave without getting something from Stark's Cargo, so they both were waiting for him to return.

The panic was starting to kick in for Raleigh and everything was beginning to disorient around him. He wasn't made for flying or being the air... he was meant for the ground, where it was safe and he had control of the situation. He had little control up here.