Rivals- Chapter #17

Rivals-

Chapter #17

XxXxXxXxX

After Kiba and Naruko told all of their goodbyes to everyone at the table, the pair started the small journey down the rocky path. "So, tell me about yourself Naruko!" Kiba said, with a huge grin, "Me? Hm... Oh! I like orange, It's my favorite colour!" She did love orange, that's for sure. I mean look at her outfit, a bright orange jacket and some black caprees to match. "Oh cool! My favorites green!"

"Coolio, everybody says greens not creative-"
"But it is!" Kiba cut in, "hey that's what I was going to say!" Naruko laughed out, the two barely knew each other although they've actually knew each other since preschool. "Great minds do think like." The brunette smiled and pointed his index finger to his small noggin. "Yeah..." Naruko said with a strong smile, surprisingly leaving her lips only seconds after. "Anyways, Sasuke had a lot to say, didn't he?" Naruko went kind of quiet and kept walking. "Hey Naruko... Are you alright?"
"Huh? Yeah completely fine."

"Are you upset about what Sasuke said? You know it's not true, right? Your actually the prettiest girl I've ever seen..."
"Oh... Thankyou..." The young blonde said awkwardly, scratching the back of her neck, she was the awkward type that didnt know how to react when complements came to the table. Not that they came to the tabke at all anyways. She was one of the prettiest in Kohona, yet still hated by most. "Naruko,"

"Hm?"

"Although we don't hang out with each-other much anymore, we've known each-other since... Well since ever..."
"Oh?"

"Well yeah... And I was wondering if-... if you just wanted to start hanging out some more, you know out of school... Maybe on our freetime and days off from training and missions?"

"Yeah?" The whisker-faced girl asked excitedly, a sweet smile plastered on her light pink lips. "I think that would be ni-"

"Hey. Wait up won't you."

"Huh?" The pair asked, looking behind them. Guess who it was, the raven haired Uchiha. 'They come at just the perfect moments, don't they Kami?" The blonde thought to herself and sighed."What do you want Sass-gay."

"What did you just call me?"
"Oh nothing, nothing Sass-gay." The fandom tho xD
"Hn. I'm not acting like a three year old like you because I'm not a moron."
"Hey, watch you tongue Uchiha!" The brunette barked, giving the Uchiha a quick glare, although it didn't even make the boy flinch, Kiba was too gentle of a boy in Sasukes eyes. But then again, who wasn't. "Shut up Kiba. Go home." And here came the raven haired boys signature look, hands in his pockets, a blank face with some black dagger-like eyes. "He is going home! His house is in the same direction as mine, Dummy!"

"No it's not."

"How'd you know?" We both asked, a little discombobulated. "I do my research. Anyways, go home. My house is in the same direction as Naruko's so I'll make sure shes safely taken home."

"The hell I would let you take her home! You would probably kill her!"

"Hn."

"Its alright, Kiba, you can go home for now, I'll walk home myself without the Uchiha kid."

"Fine. Just be careful around him or I won't," the small boy growled. "Okay okay, I will I promise." The blonde assured, her ocean blue eyes covered by her closed eyelids, a small smile to match. "Maybe we can meet tomorrow? After training?"

"Yeah, that would be great!" The green-eyed boy lit up like the fourth of July and told her once again to be safe, then they said their goodbyes. "Bye Kiba!"

"B-bye Naruko!"

"Wow, I cant believe you guys took ten whole minutes to say goodbye."

"WHAT THE FRI- SASUKE?"

"Yes, Dobe?"

"Nevermind... I forgot you were waiting in the shadows, listening to every word me and Kiba said to each other." She said sarcastically, walking ahead of the Uchiha. "Just hurry up and walk faster," Sass-gay ordered, somehow already a few feet in front of her. "I'm getting tired and I want to get home before it gets too late."

"Then walk home. I'm going home in this direction anyways." She said, pointing to the direction of the dark old woods. "The woods? Are you kidding me?" Naruko nodded with a smug look on her face. "You rather go into dark creepy woods then walk with me for ten minutes?"

'How did he know my house was ten minutes away? Weirdooo.' She thought to herself, not thinking it could be creepy or anything, because it was! "Mhm." She mumbled sassily, closing her eyes and walking into the other direction. Within seconds Sasuke was in front of her, thankfully Naruko just opened her eyes seconds before she bumped into him. "You're not taking that way, Naruko, you know its dangerous. Plus, don't you want to fangirl over me?"

"Psh yeah right! In your dreams little boy, I'm no fangirl!"

"You will be..."

"Did you say something?"

"No, Dobe. Just shut up and keep walking."

"Whatever, I'm leaving you and your sorry a-"

"Just let me take you home, you Dobe. Then we can both happily part and go our separate ways, then we wont have to acknowledge eachother ever again."

"Hmph. Fine, whatever."

Three updates in one day! I have up until chapter 19 finished, I'm just proof reading them now. I'm keeping a steady pace though and I'm trying not to upload all of them at once. I better get ti writing chapter 20!
-katana